There are too many bloggers tried this new method, but I can only recall few: bloggers-
Jane’s corner, Rachel and ahmok.
I made this chiffon with fresh strawberry since I have not made this flavor since the last one here.
“ Tang Mian” Strawberry Chiffon
*makes a 20cm chiffon
5 eggs yolk (medium size)
80g strawberry puree (60g strawberry puree + 2tbsp yogurt)
100g self-raising flour
5 eggs white
1tbsp corn flour
A drop of red food colouring, optional
some strawberry chunks
1. Whisk eggs yolk and 25g sugar till pale in colour.
2. Heap up butter till melted, add in egg yolk mixture and strawberry puree, mix well and turn off the heat
3. Sift in the flour and whisk till well combined.
4. Beat eggs white till foamy. Slowly add in 70g sugar and continue beating until soft peak.
5. Add in corn flour and food colouring, continue beat for few seconds and mix well.
6. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till combine.
7. Slowly fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
8. Add in strawberry chunks, mix well. Pour batter into a chiffon pan.
9. Bake at preheated oven at 160c for 45-50 minutes. Upside down the pan and wait till completely cool, then unmould it.
Happy Baking !!