I was busy last weekend as my elder sister (who just lost her beloved husband) and her kids came over and stayed in my house. Finally she managed to buy a house nearby where i stay now, so it is convenient for me to take care her and kids. After several days of not baking, I tell myself I must bake something today. I just made my 1st madeleines just now using the silicone moulds which I bought from Daiso store recently (after meeting with Jane).
At first, I was thinking to adapt recipe from Jane's corner which I have been bookmarked long time ago but I can't make it because short of the almond flour, so I can only try her recipe next time. Luckily i recall I saw it in Rebecca's blog (Chow and Chatter) and since I have all ingredients needed, and immediate i gave a try. Thanks Rebecca for sharing this simple and delicious Madeleines.
2 eggs (medium)
A pinch of salt
90g cake flour or plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp lemon zest
1/4tsp vanilla essence
1. Melted butter in a pot over low flame, set aside.
2. Lightly stir eggs, sugar and salt using a hand whisk.
3. Sift in flour and baking soda, stir well.
4. Add in lemon zest, honey and vanilla essence, combine well.
5. Add in melted butter, stir till smooth.
6. Leave batter in the fridge and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
7. Lightly brush butter inside the silicone madeleine mould
8. Fill batter 90% full in a madeleine mould.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160c for 12mins or till golden brown.
For me, madeleines is tasted very similar to a butter cake....and best to serve with a cup of tea.
Happy Baking !!
Peek into my life 73
1 hour ago