If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Madeleines

I was busy last weekend as my elder sister (who just lost her beloved husband) and her kids came over and stayed in my house. Finally she managed to buy a house nearby where i stay now, so it is convenient for me to take care her and kids. After several days of not baking, I tell myself I must bake something today. I just made my 1st madeleines just now using the silicone moulds which I bought from Daiso store recently (after meeting with Jane).

 Madeleines


 Madeleines



At first, I was thinking to adapt recipe from Jane's corner which I have been bookmarked long time ago but I can't make it because short of the almond flour, so I can only try her recipe next time. Luckily i recall I saw it in Rebecca's blog (Chow and Chatter) and since I have all ingredients needed, and immediate i gave a try. Thanks Rebecca for sharing this simple and delicious Madeleines.

 Madeleines


Madeleines

90g butter
2 eggs (medium)
75g sugar
A pinch of salt
90g cake flour or plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp lemon zest
1tsp honey
1/4tsp vanilla essence

Method
1. Melted butter in a pot over low flame, set aside.
2. Lightly stir eggs, sugar and salt using a hand whisk.
3. Sift in flour and baking soda, stir well.
4. Add in lemon zest, honey and vanilla essence, combine well.
5. Add in melted butter, stir till smooth.
6. Leave batter in the fridge and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
7. Lightly brush butter inside the silicone madeleine mould
8. Fill batter 90% full in a madeleine mould.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160c for 12mins or till golden brown.

For me, madeleines is tasted very similar to a butter cake....and best to serve with a cup of tea.

 Madeleines


                     Happy Baking !!

 

45 comments:

Bakeling said...

Beautiful pictures ! Especially the third picture .

HK Choo said...

Nice hump on the madeleines, Sonia...

Bo said...

They do look fantastic!

Bakericious said...

Sonia, the madeleines are very pretty, looks so inviting!

WendyinKK said...

Oh, I didn't know there were silicon madeleine moulds at Daiso, I've only seen the metal ones.
I need to check out the next time I go there.

The bump looks good :)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Really? Daiso is selling baking silicon moulds? Have to go check it out. :)) Lovely Madeleines! So far I have not tried Madeleine recipes containing almond flour too... ;)

Padhu Sankar said...

They look so lovely

Pushpa said...

Beautiful clicks Sonia.They look so perfect.

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

My Little Space said...

So nice you can get the mould here in KL! The silicone moulds are pretty expensive. lol! I saw many kinds of S/mould in S'pore. Not willing to pay for them. They are all too beautiful. And your madeleines look as marvellous! Thanks for sharing.
Kristy

busygran said...

Lovely golden madeleines! Time for tea!

MaryMoh said...

Perfect madeleines and perfect pictures. I have always wanted to try making these. My children like very much. I need to get the mould first.

月亮 said...

very nice,colour balance


i like go daiso,but penang don't have daiso

苏联妈妈 said...

it look so lovely n cute ~~

Hearty Bakes said...

Love the shine and hump of your madeleines. Most of all, the nice click ;)

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

look nice & cute,love it:)

Anonymous said...

Sonia, your madeleines are perfect! Love the gorgeous hump and the golden hue!

ReeseKitchen said...

Oh so Daiso is selling the silicone mould...I'll go check it out. Very nice madeleines you have here, Sonia..:)

cikmanggis said...

Saya pasti akan cuba resepi ni sebab saya baru saja beli acuannya..thanks my dear Sonia:)

Rachana said...

Those Madeleines look so shiny and golden.

Elin Chia said...

Sonia...your madelines looks great :)

lena said...

beautiful madelines

Jane Chew said...

awsome!

Federica Simoni said...

wow spettacolari e golosi! complimenti!

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Sonia,your madeleines look really beautiful. Usually for silicone molds, you don't get a nice browning but yours look great!

Anonymous said...

Sooo perfect..cannot be better than this,its in my To do list,well done...

Pete said...

Nice of you to take care of your sister and her kids.

ahteekitchen said...

Love the appearance! looks sooo tempting~~

Reeni said...

Your madelines turned out perfect! So pretty - like sunshine!

Finla said...

Wowo they have come out so perfect.

Coraine said...

Sonia, u r a very kind person. Hope your sister is feeling better now...
Hope time will heal her pain~ and with a caring sister, she will be fine! =)

By the way, really nice madeleines!!!!! and Daiso sells the moulds? Don't know whether we have it here or not..

Yummy Bakes said...

Sonia, your madeleines are perfectly baked - nice golden color.

chow and chatter said...

wow so perfect super proud of you you will be hooked on making them now like me he he hugs Rebecca

My Kitchen and Me said...

They are so pretty looking..

Cheah said...

Sonia, your madeleines look so cute, nice colour too!

Unknown said...

Didn't know Daiso also selling silicone madeleines molds. Very cute madeleines you have ^_^

Zurin said...

gorgeous madelines! Im tempted to make some too. but im sooo lazeee. besides i dont have the moulds. gotta buy. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Beautiful madelines! Perfect shape!

tigerfish said...

Talk about Daiso and its interesting finds :) Lovely madeleines too :)

My Asian Kitchen said...

your madelines look so lovely!! talk about the mould I have 3 MADELINES panS but since I'm crazy in kdrama now I bake nothing ! haha!

Simplyfood said...

Madelines look perfect and so very cute.I am sure they tasted yummy.

Min said...

Your madelines look so cute, next time I will get the mould from Daiso, so that I can start baking this as soon as possible:)

Anonymous said...

hi,Sonia, I saw the mould sold in Daiso is a little silicon mould which can bake for two madeline, so how many mould did you use for this recipe?
Just wish to confirm in case i buy the wrong mould.
Thanks.
Sem

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear all, Thanks for your lovely words.

Sem, I just bought 2 sets only since this is my 1st time tried out madelines, so I actually need to bake few times with this limited moulds, anyway, I bake some using the normal tart mould, it work well too. Hope this help.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sonia,would try out one day, i have try out your cekodok (I replaced with dry shrimps as run out of ikan bilis), it is lovely, my family love it very much, will do again with prawns,yum yum!
Sem

Anirac said...

Hi Sonia, just to let you know that I tried this recipe and it turned out great! Thanks a bunch for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin