If you wish to try out this recipe, please take note that not to overcook the potatoes, cook it till medium done, you will enjoy the crunchiness of the potatoes.
Potato and green bean fried rice
4 cups of rice
2 large potatoes, cut 1” length stripes
200g green bean, chopped
100g ikan bilis (anchovies)
200g shrimps, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
2 large onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 and ½ tsp salt or to taste
A dash of white pepper powder
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1. Wash rice and cook in a rice cooker with water, add 1tbsp cooking oil, 1tsp salt and 1tsp chicken stock powder. Once done, set aside for several hours to cool it or keep it overnight.
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium flame, deep fry ikan bilis till brown.
3. Add in chopped garlic and onion, stir fry and mix well.
4. Add in shrimps, cook till change colour.
5. Add in potatoes, stir fry and cook till potatoes medium done.
6. Then add in chopped carrot and green bean, stir fry for a while
7. Put in the cooked rice, toss well to combine.
8. Add salt and pepper, pour light soy sauce from the side of the wok (this way will be more fragrant).
9. Keep stirring until the rice starts to “jump”. Combine all the ingredients together and fry until heated through.
10. Dish out and serve hot.
One more thing, my mom just taught me to add little salt, oil and stock powder into rice before cook it in rice cooker, you will have more tasty fried rice.
Happy Cooking !!