This is a very simple tofu fish, but very flavourful with added the scallops.
I can easily get this fresh and soft tofu from the wet market which the owner of this tofu stall sell their fresh tofu daily. The size of this tofu is double the size of silken tofu that you normally get from the supermarket.
Steamed tofu with scallops
(source: originated by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
1-2pc soft silken tofu
5 medium dried scallops, soak in water for several hours, tear softened scallops apart into very thin strips after soaking, steamed together with soaking water for 30mins. Reserve steaming water.
200g minced pork
100g minced prawn
1tsp soy sauce
1tsp salt or to taste
1tsp Chinese cooking wine
A dash of pepper
1tsp sesame oil
1tbsp tapioca flour/cornstarch
Some chopped spring onion
Fried garlic and oil
1. Mix all filling ingredients to form a paste.
2. Cut the tofu into pieces, scoop out the centers with a spoon to form a bowl.
3. Lay the tofu in a shallow dish.
4. Spoon some of the ground pork and prawn mixture into the tofu bowls.
5. Arrange scallop strips on top the tofu and pour in the steaming scallop water.
6. Steam over high flame for 10mins.
7. Garnish with chopped spring onion and garlic oil, serve immediately with steamed rice.
**you may thicken the gravy (after steamed) with some tapioca flour/cornstarch, and adjust the taste accordingly.
This tofu dish is well received by my family members, feel free to try it out !!
Happy Cooking !!
12 minutes ago