This time, I have no time to record down the exact amount of the ingredients, if you wish to try out, please adjust the amount accordingly.
Fish fillet Mee Hoon soup (rice vermicelli noodle soup) 鱼肉米粉
500g fish fillet, cut into bite size
2 tomato, cut wedges
200g preserved vegetables, sliced
Some ginger slices
Spring onion, cut 1” in length
1-2 tbsp of whole white pepper
Ikan bilis (anchovies)
1. In a large pot, add all broth ingredients (adjust the amount accordingly) with water, bring to boil and simmer over low flame for at least 1 hour. Season with salt, set aside.
2. Marinate fish fillet with salt, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper for 30minutes, coat with corn flour/tapioca flour, deep fry till brown, set aside.
3. Saute chopped garlic with cooking oil till golden brown, set aside.
4. Soak Mee Hoon (rice vermicelli) in water till soft, drain and set aside.
5. Bring broth to boil, add in ginger slices, tomato and preserved vegetables, boil for 15minutes
6. Add in Mee Hoon and evaporate milk, cook for 1-2 minutes, turn off the flame.
7. Ladle the Mee Hoon soup into a serving bowl, garnish with deep fried fish fillets, garlic oil and spring onion. Serve hot with fresh chilli and soy sauce dipping sauce.
Happy Cooking !!