If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fish fillets Mee Hoon soup (rice vermicelli noodle soup) 鱼肉米粉

I like to eat the famous Seremban‘s Fish Head Mee Hoon soup, as the soup is spicy (the spiciness came from liberal use of pepper) and little creamy by adding evaporated milk, which I couldn’t find in any other type of noodles soup. I tried to cook this noodle soup recently but replaced fish head (not my kid’s favorite) with fish fillets instead.

Fish fillet Mee Hoon soup (rice vermicelli noodle soup) 鱼肉米粉




Fish fillet Mee Hoon soup (rice vermicelli noodle soup) 鱼肉米粉


This time, I have no time to record down the exact amount of the ingredients, if you wish to try out, please adjust the amount accordingly.

Fish fillet Mee Hoon soup (rice vermicelli noodle soup) 鱼肉米粉

500g fish fillet, cut into bite size
Rice Vermicelli

2 tomato, cut wedges
200g preserved vegetables, sliced

Evaporated milk
Some ginger slices
Spring onion, cut 1” in length

Chopped garlic

Broth ingredients
Chicken carcasses
1-2 tbsp of whole white pepper
Ikan bilis (anchovies)
Cabbage
Carrot
salt

Method
1. In a large pot, add all broth ingredients (adjust the amount accordingly) with water, bring to boil and simmer over low flame for at least 1 hour. Season with salt, set aside.
2. Marinate fish fillet with salt, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper for 30minutes, coat with corn flour/tapioca flour, deep fry till brown, set aside.
3. Saute chopped garlic with cooking oil till golden brown, set aside.
4. Soak Mee Hoon (rice vermicelli) in water till soft, drain and set aside.
5. Bring broth to boil, add in ginger slices, tomato and preserved vegetables, boil for 15minutes
6. Add in Mee Hoon and evaporate milk, cook for 1-2 minutes, turn off the flame.
7. Ladle the Mee Hoon soup into a serving bowl, garnish with deep fried fish fillets, garlic oil and spring onion. Serve hot with fresh chilli and soy sauce dipping sauce.

Fish fillet Mee Hoon soup (rice vermicelli noodle soup) 鱼肉米粉


Happy Cooking !!

45 comments:

Honey Bee Sweets said...

When I was in KL, I had this in the fish head version, super delicious! Yeah...alot bones too, good idea using fillet. :)

j3ss kitch3n said...

one of my favorite dish for lunch or dinner yours looks very delicious sonia!

Zoe said...

This is always my favourite Singapore local food. Miss the yummy fishy creamy soup. Sonia, you did well because I'm drooling...LOL

chow and chatter said...

looks great don't think I would like the heads either LOL

Wen said...

I know what I'm going to have for lunch today... yours look so good!

J.O said...

这几年我满爱吃的叻
外面卖的通常是放鱼头的:P

Pushpa said...

Delicious tasty fish soup,so flavorful,looks so tempting.

Suhaina said...

ummmm..yummm. i am drooling here. looks very colourful..

Rachel Hei said...

Oh my~ tummy rumply to see this early in the morning..^^

ann low said...

Mmm...looks very delicious. I love this and eat it very often.

WendyinKK said...

I lurrrrrve this noodles!!!
Whenever I go to SS2, there is this restaurant that I really love going for the fish head meehoon, although it has changed, but still not too bad.

YHL said...

Sonia, perut lapar lah... yummm

Anonymous said...

haha.. replaced the fish heads with fish fillets.. that is one brilliant idea :) i oso dislike to eat the fish heads as there are too many bones =/

u really cooked some nice fish head noodles there, really like those selling at shop, perhaps yours might be better :D

Jane Chew said...

can i order this for my next trip meeting?
Looks really delicious. Between, i also cook fish head bee hoon for dinner :)

Bakericious said...

this is one of my regular order during my lunch, looks yummy!

Yummy Bakes said...

This is what I normally have for lunch and yours look like those sold in the food courts.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我喜欢这个,尤其是它的汤头,超赞的啦~~

MaryMoh said...

Wish I can have this for lunch today. Looks light and delicious.

ReeseKitchen said...

Nice one! It's my favourite too! Which restaurant you've been in Seremban for this noodle? There is one at Taman AST (the only one from there ), it super yummy! If you never been to this maybe you can try it out.

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

I always order this kind of fish bee hoon soup for lunch but none beat urs. Urs look so great I am drooling now.

MONONOKE KITCHEN said...

Such a wonderful soup, definitely perfect!
I've bookmarked this one for sure.

Cheah said...

Sonia, I'm so hungry looking at your mee hoon! It's my favourite!

pigpigscorner said...

oh so it's evaporated that makes it milky! My hubs loves this, have to try one day!

ICook4Fun said...

I've been craving for this sourish noodles soup for a few days now and you posted it. There look wonderful. Like your kids I prefer it with fish fillets rather than fish heat. I think it is time for me to go and get some fish to cook this :)

lena said...

i can sense that this is really delicious!

the lacquer spoon said...

Fish noodle... yum! Wish I could eat such a healthy food daily :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy! Would love a bowl of this!

Coraine said...

Wah my favourite~~~~~ i will always order this when I'm out, with non fried fish, because they normally use catfish for fried ones. For non fried ones most of the time batang.
Yummy Yummy!!! You are great! =)

Coraine @ Life is Like a Long Journey

Pete said...

I love it without the bonny fish head too.....lol!

VegeCooking Club said...

I have never tried this but it looks so delicious!

My Asian Kitchen said...

really look delicious!!wish I can have a bowl now!! so cold now!

Jeannie said...

This is my favourite beehoon soup too and I do not like the fishhead that is usually added so your idea of replacing with fillet is a great one! Very delicious looking!

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks homey and delicious! Love the soup a lot.

cikmanggis said...

Sonia!!! dah lama saya cari resepi yang begini:)terima kasih.Rasanya isi ikan lagi sedap dari kepalanya:)Terima kasih

My Little Space said...

Sonia, this is one of my favourites! I love the soup very much. Very delicious! Thanks for posting this. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Kristy

Wendy said...

yum!yum! This reminds me a fish head beehoon stall I used go while I was in Malaysia, really miss the food there!

That's Ron said...

Sonia .. sonia.. u always make me hungry!

Elin Chia said...

Sonia...you are an angel! You know I have to pay RM6 for a bowl of this fish head noodles. With your recipe, I can help myself to two bowls of this mouth-watering noodles :) Thnx !

Bakeling said...

I sent this to my USA sister . Thanks for sharing .

tigerfish said...

I usually like 鱼肉米粉 with the fish fillets un-fried.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear all, appreciate so much of you taking your time to leave me a lovely comment!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia
May I know what brand of vermicilli you use for soup?
I find some brands have powdery taste.
Zoe

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia,

Your 'yu tao mei fen' looks good! May i know what kind of preserved vegetables did you use? What is it called in cantonese?

Thanks!

Carmen




Jacy said...

Thanks I cooked this recipe and taste good. Thanks again Sonia.

Julie22 said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin