If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin

Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin

Can you imagine the taste when bittergourd meet with pumpkin, in fact they are delicious..



















This is the way how you should slice the bittergourd..

Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin


This is the way how you should slice the pumpkin..

Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin




Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin150g bittergourd, sliced
100g pumpkin, sliced
10g dried shrimps, washed
2 cloves garlic, chopped

Seasonings
1tsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp salt

Method
1. Heat oil in a wok, lightly fry pumpkin for 1min and bittergourd for 30second. Wash with clean water and set aside.
2. Remain 2tbsp oil in the wok, sauté chopped garlic and dried shrimps till fragrant.
3. Add in bittergourd and pumpkin and seasonings, quickly stir fry for 1min.
4. Dish out and serve hot.





Stir-fried Bittergourd and Pumpkin


 
In fact, this is one of the dish that i serving for dinner tonight. I just can't wait to share ^^..Actually the fragrant is come from the dried shrimps, don't soak and just wash it...

Happy Cooking!!


28 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I like pumpkin but not bittergourd... keke...

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

两样我都喜欢
超有营养的^^

ping said...

I wasn't a fan of bittergourd before until I had it fried with salted egg yolk. But I can imagine the sweetness from the pumpkin complementing the bitterness of it. I could give this a go and I believe I might like it! Looks great btw.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

I just love biitergrouds my dear..add pumpkin is something new to me but I love to add eggs and prawns to these bitter ground and have it with plain rice..it;s heaven:L(

Min said...

I love the pumpkin, but I still can't accept the bitter taste of the bittergourd lo, hehe :)

Unknown said...

Very interesting combination. Iike both but my hubby dislike pumpkin. Wonder will he take the pumpkin if I cook this dish? Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Khor said...

I cannot imagine how the taste it would be,may be after I try it.Anyway it could be a big suprise,it looks nice,haha!

divya said...

Looks very tempting...

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

A healhty dish, I like both bittergourd and pumpkin.

Julie said...

Healthy n tempting recipe..looks yummy!!!!!

yummylittlecooks said...

I like pumpkin but not the bitter gourd, very bitter, but it looks so yummy.

bernice's kitchen said...

what a specially combination!
taste sweet + bitter? haha~~~

Little Corner of Mine said...

Bitter-sweet combo ya! I like stir-frying pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Of course this is yummy.Opposite atraacts each other:)

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

I think it is a nice combination...bittersweet! Nice colors too!

Quay Po Cooks said...

No, I cannot imagine how it taste, I got to make this to taste it:D It is a perfect combination of green and orange!

Edith said...

I love the colours!

Mel said...

A combination I have not come across so far. Bitter, sweet is healthy dish.

Li Shuan said...

Sonia,I am learning to appreciate bittergourd.不会吃苦的女人,哈哈!The combination of bittergourd and pumkin is different.

Belly Good Cooking said...

Like the combination colours. Will try out this healthy vege dish for dinner. :)

Pushpa said...

Refreshing and a very healthy meal.

tigerfish said...

I have not tried this combination but I am sure I will like it!

Little blue said...

I haven't try this before, so I can't imagine the taste...is sweet or bitter!! But this is fresh for me...

lena said...

thank you for sharing such a nice home cooked dish! i love both pumpkin and bittergourd!

choi yen said...

I prefer bittergourd sliced thinly so that the bitterness not so strong :P

Ana Regalado said...

I love both since I'll eat any veggies :P :D When I cook bittergourd I usually blanch it first in boiling water .

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

This is a new combination I've seen with bittergourd. The colors are beautiful and I like how you added dried shrimps for extra nice flavor.

liza said...

nice post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin