If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011

I'm back from China trip about 2 months already, took so many pictures, but till now i have yet to finish post it..Next time, i will try to post my vacation pictures during weekend if time is allow me to do so..or i think next time i better don't take any pictures during a trip...
Earlier i have few posts on Shanghai trip, actually i first go to Xiamen then only transfer to Shanghai.
Xiamen is a small island and very similar to Penang here..



Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


Not many places to visit, the local people told us to drop by Zhongshan Road for shopping and foods hunting..

We tried this peanut soup as we thougth a lot of peoples buying so the foods must be nice.

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


The peanut soup taste just ok, nothing to shout out and very normal only...i must try to cook this at home one day..

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


You can see all kind of foods selling here..

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


I only tried this stall, some kind of pan cake with egg, meat and spring onions, taste just ok.

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011



A lot of shops selling sourvenir and all kind of traditional candies, cookies and etc..

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011



Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011


This road is very busy with a lot of tourists and local peoples..

Zhongshan Road, Xiamen China 2011

Maybe you will curious why i visit to Xiamen not other famous places in China, actually i followed my husband who went there  for work, i just 'tumpang" only...^^



22 comments:

My Little Space said...

Sonia, those food looks darn good. I bet you won't missed a single thing there. :o)
Happy weekend!
Kristy

mia111 said...

I like little snack like this too! Feel just like chinese version of pasar malam. Don't need to rush through your pictures from China holiday... I can wait for each post to come =) Have a great weekend!

ping said...

That's a good tumpang. Wish my husband would travel more so I can tumpang as well. Looks like a lot to eat! And I'll bet they scalp the tourists too :(

Three-Cookies said...

Such a long line outside the peanut soup shop. I have never tried it, now I am curious

Ana Regalado said...

Did you try the prawn fritters ? It looks interesting :)

Lori said...

Love the pictures! We are planning to visit China within the next to years so I'm going to love your posts. My husband has been to Beijing a couple times for work, but I haven't been able to go with him yet. The food definitely looks amazing, even if it only tasted ok. :)

Lady G said...

Those street side food looks interesting.

Li Shuan said...

Sonia, I love to see the pile of prawn fritters. Looks nice. I lost my camera in Xiemen (7yrs ago) I lost all my photos taken in Xiamen . cry!!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. The eating places are always so vibrant and full of people in Asia.

Pauline said...

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw these pictures, seeing that China was really clean and organized. That first image was just amazing. The stacked dim sum and fried treats are so enticing. And wow, the selection of skewers is such a huge variety! Sure beats New York hot dog stands. Even octopus and noodles. And the final picture looks like someplace in Europe or America. Amazing how much China has developed. I would like to visit this place, although I've actually never heard of the place, so I have no idea what region it is in. Great pictures; you make China look so great! I am quite envious.

Little Inbox said...

Wag, lucky you, can tumpang...

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

现在看回那些照片
会很怀念出游的地方吧?:P

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I keep looking at the photo of the giant prawn crackers! Some of the food looks similar to Malaysia, huh?

Somewhere in Singapore said...

When your hubby coming SG again, hehe...

lena said...

at times people there have different taste buds compared to us here. Is the peanut soup savoury or sweet?

Dmarie said...

ooh, thanks so much for taking me along for the trip. (of course, you've made me hungry for some Asian cuisine though it's only 9 o'clock in the morn here in western Kentucky!) what great pics--thanks soo much for sharing!!

Cheah said...

Wow, so much goodies. Xiamen, is it the 'kampong' for Hokkien people?

SueSue said...

Wah Xiamen changed so much. My grandma kampung is from Xiamen. 18 years back I bring my grandma back to Xiamen, wah so damn kampung. Must make a trip back there againa and visit my cousins in Xiamen.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Thanks for sharing Sonia! The street food reminded me a little bit of Taiwan. :-)

Colin Woon said...

Don't stop taking photos on your next vacation, it will be such a waste!

Care Indeed nursing services said...

The article in your blog reminds me some old memory .That is good .It gives me happy .I think we will have a harmonious talk.Do you agree? nursing services San Francisco

religion and food said...

spiritual food is a must for every Christian. Most of us know the story of Jesus Christ. Immediately, after Jesus got baptized, he went on a mountain and fasted for 40 days and 40 nights.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin