If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)

Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)

This is another kuih that we love, Pulut Inti...I just realized that this month i eating too much of glutinous rice and coconut, hehehe..




Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)

Simple and yummy!


Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)

Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)




Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 15pcs


Filling
Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)100g grated coconut (young coconut)
1tbsp brown sugar
40g palm sugar /gula Melaka, chopped
50ml water
1pcs pandan leaves (screwpines), knotted
1tbsp coarse white sugar
A pinch of salt


Method
1. Mix brown sugar, palm sugar, pandan leaves and water in a pot, bring to boil until sugar melted.
2. Discard pandan leaves and set aside
3. In a clean wok, heat coarse sugar until melt (caramel effect).
4. Add in gula melaka mixture (no 1)
5. Add in grated coconut and salt
6. Stir fry until slightly dry and well combine. Set aside.


Steamed glutinous rice


1 cup glutinious rice (about 190g) – soaked for 4 hours and drained (I add bunga telang (blue pea flowers)
1tsp sugar
1/2tsp salt
120ml water


Method
1. Put the soaked glutinous rice, sugar, salt and water in a steaming pan, steam over high heat for 30mins.


To assemble Pulut Inti


1. Layer a small piece of rectangular size of banana leaf, put 1-2tbsp cooked glutinous rice and spoon 1-2tsp coconut filling on top.
2. Fold the top and bottom halves together in the middle. Flap the banana leaf on the left and right.
3. Tuck the flaps underneath tightly.
4. Enjoy!!




Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)


I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.




48 comments:

ann low said...

WOW! I saw many blogger friends made this Pulut Inti. Looks so pretty and yummy, thought of making too :D

Cindy Khor said...

Me and my second daughter love this Pulut Inti.I will try to made this,thanks for sharing this with me.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

包装得很饱满亮丽
赏我一个吧?:P

Somewhere in Singapore said...

It is so nice!!!

Bakeling said...

Inilah kuih yang sedap and I like the second last photo very much !

Lady G said...

I'm sucker for kuih in this particular shade of blue.

WendyinKK said...

Love the beautiful myriad of colours

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

You girls are working like busy bees at the kitchen. Feel so lucky to be able to appreciate the different types of kuih that you guys have made everyday!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Waiting to see your post of the croissant later,hehehe

ICook4Fun said...

Beautifully wrapped and I love the nice blue hue of color. Most of our kuihs have santan and glutinious rice in it :)

yummylittlecooks said...

Wow, you wrap it so neatly.

Little Inbox said...

I like this kuih too. I have some dried blue pea flowers from my sister. Not sure what else can I make with it?

Iva at in my kitchen said...

yummy. thanks for sharing. might try this out one day and link back :)

The Experimental Cook said...

Your pics are delicious ! I would love to make this but I have no idea where to buy blue pea flower.

My Little Space said...

this surely making me salivate! :o)
Hope you're having a lovely evening.
Kristy

annann said...

我也好喜欢吃糯米做得糕点,但是最近不知是不是老了,吃了之后人总觉得很不舒服!!所以来你家看看好了!!

Eileen@Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

Looks pro.

Lite Home Bake said...

They must taste really good, the photos make me crave for them :)

Julie said...

yummy n delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Very pretty colours! And you did a great job wrapping it...so nice! ;)

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

lovely colour and nice wrapping! Can I have one please :)

lena said...

all your kuihs look so beautiful..this one no exception!

Happy Flour said...

Hahaha...I think you're not the only one realize that. I don't make a lot of kueh but I have a lot of kuehs for the past two weeks. Can't help myself, there are too many delicious kueh posts in the air. Irresistible...!

Angie's Recipes said...

How lovely and pretty!

Li Shuan said...

Wah! Another appealing kuih. Sonia, you are really hardworking. I tot my sis is the hardworking one ,now she has a competitor haha...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy! And you wrapped it so well.

Cuisine Paradise said...

Yummy!!! It's so nicely wrapped and the colour look so mouthwatering!!!!

hanushi said...

So beautiful!!! :) The photos really are so well-taken that I wish I can grab one in front now! :)

Unknown said...

It is so nice. Good colour combination to go with. Delicious.

Cheers,
Uma
My Kitchen Experiments

divya said...

Oh My God. i'm simply drooling here. Wonderful presentation.

Mary said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous presentation, Sonia. I love it. I wish I could try it!

Yummy Bakes said...

Wow ... so beautiful and yummy.

Mel said...

This October Traditional Kueh month could be the naughty month that makes us put on a little weight, won't you agree with me? But can't help it as all these kuih you make and posted here looks real delicious and tempting!

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Very very pretty...

kitchen flavours said...

You have been making all my favourite kuihs! And they all look so delicious! I do not have time to make any yet! Hopefully next week I'll be able to make some kuih! Have a nice delicious day, Sonia!

Ana Regalado said...

It looks so pretty and yummy and the light purple color of steamed rice ? 2 thumbs up hahaha

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious presentation we have something similar looks wonderful

Little blue said...

Nice and yummy... I want "da bao"...

Jeannie said...

I love eating this glutinous rice kuih too but they are very heavy on the stomach, I feel very full after that so have to be careful not to eat too much...but one can never stop at just one piece! Yummy!

Jane Chew said...

Wow! your kongfu to wrap is very pro. By the way,regarding the croissant is my mistake. It is actually 做1kg 面团 not 面粉。So,after adding in all ingredient u should have abt 1 kg or more dough. Sorry abt that.

sean said...

sonia,
你家种的花都好漂亮。

你的Pulut Inti弄得小巧可爱。

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I wish I have one with me. Rice is wrapped so neatly and they look delicious Sonia!

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

yum yum. this is one of my fav.

Colin Woon said...

Amazing photos! I like the color contrast you introduce to the photos, awesome!

Sad to say, I have not try pulut before but seeing these photos, I really want to try it now.

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty! Coconut is very common here in Brazil and I'll try this beautiful way to serve the dessert. Loved it! Paula

Lori said...

I can never get enough of glutinous rice and coconut. Keep it coming! These look delicious!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Pulut inti is one of my favorite kuih. Yours look very pretty!

sarah said...

Hi i would like to know if you happen to sell the bunga telang flower seeds? I am looking for some seeds to plant.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin