This is another kuih that we love, Pulut Inti...I just realized that this month i eating too much of glutinous rice and coconut, hehehe..
Simple and yummy!
Pulut Inti ( Glutinous rice with coconut sweet filling)
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
100g grated coconut (young coconut)
1tbsp brown sugar
40g palm sugar /gula Melaka, chopped
1pcs pandan leaves (screwpines), knotted
1tbsp coarse white sugar
A pinch of salt
1. Mix brown sugar, palm sugar, pandan leaves and water in a pot, bring to boil until sugar melted.
2. Discard pandan leaves and set aside
3. In a clean wok, heat coarse sugar until melt (caramel effect).
4. Add in gula melaka mixture (no 1)
5. Add in grated coconut and salt
6. Stir fry until slightly dry and well combine. Set aside.
Steamed glutinous rice
1 cup glutinious rice (about 190g) – soaked for 4 hours and drained (I add bunga telang (blue pea flowers)
1. Put the soaked glutinous rice, sugar, salt and water in a steaming pan, steam over high heat for 30mins.
To assemble Pulut Inti
1. Layer a small piece of rectangular size of banana leaf, put 1-2tbsp cooked glutinous rice and spoon 1-2tsp coconut filling on top.
2. Fold the top and bottom halves together in the middle. Flap the banana leaf on the left and right.
3. Tuck the flaps underneath tightly.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.