If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shopping and Food, Melbourne Australia


Here were few shopping places that i went during my visit to Melbourne recently. Thanks to Helena for such good recommendation. I especially love to visit Royal Arcade and The Block Arcade, they have a lot of little speciality shops, fashion stores, cafe and etc.


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012 
The Block Arcade

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012 

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

you can get some nice ribbons and cards from this little shop...Card & Caboodle


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Try to get some Haigh's chocolate home, they are very good!

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Royal Arcade

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Beside two Aracde, i also got a friand mould and a 24 mini muffin pans from MYER and David Jones Departmental stores


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

I love their nice wrapping

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

more shoppings at Bourke street and Collin street
we have this diva shop here also..

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012



Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Now come to foods.
This was the best steak we have ever had..we went to their branch located at South Yarra where just nearby our hotel. we even back again to this steakhouse before our flight take off at the midnight ..Squires Loft Steakhouse


Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012
my camera battery gone when nice foods come, no choice, use phone to take these pictures..

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce (I saw Terri highly recommended this dessert) .
We feel the butterscotch sauce was a bit too sweet, but overall this is a nice pudding..

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Hooked seafood ( nothing to shout about their fish fillets but salad and pesto sauce were very yummy and refreshing!)

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

Hungry Jacks- the cheapest meal that we had in Melbourne, AUD 3.96 (if i could recall) for a set of burger, come togehter with drink and chips..somemore they have free internet !!

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

I saw quite many Malaysian restaurants here..but we did not visit any one..

Shopping and Foods, Melbourne 2012

26 comments:

shaz said...

I'm heading off to Melbourne at the end of the year. Looking at your posts makes me all excited to get there asap! :)

Simple Person said...

I want to go for holiday too..
hopefully end of this year..

Li Shuan said...

Sonia, you know what, I have just made some sticky date puddings 2 days ago n there were just absolutely delicious (haha... sendiri oloh!!). This pudding is a famous dessert amongst western society however its not really popular in Asia. I like to eat this dessert with cream so that it balance out the sweetness.

I went to that Haigh's chocolate shop 3x wanted to get something nice for my friend but at the end I change to Lindt chocolate instead haha! My husband scolded me very imchim! haha!

I got a few nice things from the arcades but can't afford to buy all. :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Helena, actually i was thinking to make that sticky date pudding, the other day i saw a nice recipe..at the end i decided to wait until Puasa month, because at that time, there will plenty of dates selling here..

Unknown said...

Nice traveling at Melbourne.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves those shoes, so nice...

choi yen said...

Those heels O.O, so nice!

PH said...

You are really having fun. Jealous leh......

蚊子 said...

Really a nice place in Australia, Wish i will be there once :)

Jane Chew said...

wah! ur Aust trip not yet finished arh? haha... i am sure u really have fun in Melbourne. So u finally got the 24 mini muffin tin. Looking forward for ur mini muffin or cup cakes post :)

Small Kucing said...

wish i can go

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

We probably be in Melbourne next month. Looking forward for some good food too hehehe....

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Those arcades are very similar to Sydney's QVB(Queen Victoria Building) & The Strand Arcade!

shaz said...

thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving comments sonia. You're too sweet.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice, I wish to go there one day. Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Wow, seems like I missed out quite a bit on my trip there! Love ur photos....thanks for sharing this Sonia. Have a great vacation!

daphne said...

oh I miss the shopping and food there! Squire loft looks awesome!

Ana Regalado said...

Love the photos , Sonia ! Melbourne's a very interesting place !

elaine chan said...

Good morning,
Your shopping must have been fun- I liked wandering into those shops selling household products and utensils too-can find good bargains!

sean said...

好美哦!
我也要去!!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Hi Sonia! Sorry I've been missing your posts here but I read all from email. Thanks for sharing lots of pictures. It's fun to read about someone's trip. =) I really want to go to Australia after I started to read Aus. bloggers posts. :-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos.

Unknown said...

Australia is very big city in the world, and its shopping mall is a very great, I really like to doing shopping mall in the Australia.

Fashion Earrings

Christine's Pantry said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

WokandSpoon said...

Stumbled across your blog. Melbourne is my home town - you've made me very homesick! Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

I also like to Australia and i want to do my vacation from there cause i like to its shopping's mall and food market. Thanks for sharing this blog.

designer clothing boutique

Blog Widget by LinkWithin