If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Vegetable dishes, Bento lunch box


There will be no specific recipe for today's post. I just like to share with you two simple vegetable dishes that i cooked recently and few Bento lunch box that i brought to school for my kids..



Veggie dish

Vegetable dish 1 - Simple stir-fried Green Dragon Leaf (Ching Long Chai) , just stir fry with garlic and oil..
You can see i garnished this veggie in  Taro and rice vermicelli noodles soup.

Chin Long veggie


Vegetable dish 2 - Superior stock cooked with Chinese spinach..I was prepared the premium scallop stock and cooked with wolfberries and later pour on top of blanched Chinese spinach

Veggie dish


Veggie dish

Mostly the bento lunch box that i prepared is Japanese way of cooking..

Bento lunch box 1 - Chicken Teriyaki adapted from Nami a,k.a Just One Cookbook..This chicken is very yummy. And I also learnt this simple and yummy chocolate sauce that pour on top of banana and mashmallow from Barefeet in the kitchen..

 Bento lunch box

Bento lunch box 2- Japanese garlic fried rice (will provide recipe soon) and the delicious sausages that their daddy brought back from Frankfrut Germany..

Bento lunch box

Bento lunch box 3 - Caesar salad with Croquette (will share recipe soon)..

Bento lunch box

Bento lunch box 4- Lemongrass chicken skewer that i adapted from Sean..Wow, this chicken skewer was delicious, next time when i have BBQ party, i am sure will prepare this.Since the recipe is in Chinese, let me write a simple recipe for you:-

Marinate chicken cubes with finely chopped lemongrass, light soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, salt and corn flour for 1hour or more..Thread the marinated chicken meat and canned pineapple cubes through a stalk of  lemongrass (lightly crushed the white part) . Pan fry or bake in the oven till cooked..

Bento lunch box


28 comments:

shaz said...

wah... Im sure your kids ate up everything in their bentos. Looks scrumptious.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

你的孩子真的很幸福
如果我工作也有这样的lunch bento
天天吃也愿意:)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Sonia, I want to be your kid! One day also can! Lol! Love all those bento boxes....your kids sure love Jap food ya?

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Very nice and healthy :)
First time i see the 青龙菜,just wonder hows the taste like.

Little blue said...

I want be your family member...you are super duper mummy, you give me idea for my next week menu..

Kimmy said...

During my travel to Taiwan last yr, I tried several of their Bento Rice set. I liked them. When I don't cook, I will bring back Bento Rice for dinner from my Ma house. Good in the sense, I don't over eat cos' I used a small container, Haha! Yr children are lucky-sure appreciate.

Li Shuan said...

one Bento Box takeaway pls! There are looking good and healthy!

Li Shuan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lite Home Bake said...

All the dishes look so lovely, I love them all, veggie and bentos!

Sherleen.T said...

ohhh...every bento looks yummy...
Sonia, your kids are so 幸福 to have a mom that can cook so well...:)

Ana Regalado said...

I would like to order 1 each of that bento box , please ! lol Love it ! I love the spinach , it looks really scrumptious with that dried scallops :D Re ching long chai , that vegetable can only be found in Malaysia ?

FnF Simple Life said...

wow...very nice bentou...look super delicious...

Alice said...

hi Sonia,

how i love the green colors in the vegetable dishes u cooked!

and the bentos...wow...all looks so mouthwatering!
you're a super mom! :)

Norasikin said...

delicious! i want to be your neighbour

chow and chatter said...

looks great wish i could find these veggies

Small Kucing said...

very inventive bento box :)

Jobless Girl said...

Wow, it is delicious and healthy too.

Simple Person said...

wow ...
can order daily delivery? lol

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I'm attracted by the bento...

lena said...

i know i cannot be so greedy..can i just take bento #1?

Yannie said...

Your family is so blessed to have you la!

yvonne said...

My son and I would finish that whole bowl of spinach soup with plain rice!! Coincidentally I cooked spinach soup with anchovies yesterday ^.^

I'm looking forward your Japanese garlic fried rice recipe :D

Mary said...

I'm glad you liked the chocolate sauce! What's not to like, right?

Those boxes are great. My kids would LOVE it if I presented their lunches in such an appealing way each day!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I'll be joining you to make bento next school year (From end of Aug) for my son... I'm so nervous about making bento as I'm not so creative... Thanks for sharing veggie dish. Very helpful!

Only Fish Recipes said...

first time in ur space n I absolutely loved it !!!!what a delicious preparation..looks delicious!!!!following ur space...do visit mine in ur free time :-)

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

May I know how much is the green dragon leaf from the market?

I had it at a restaurant and it costed me $22 for one small plate. I didn't know it is so expensive. :P

Jade said...

May i know where you get the green dragon leaf? Pasar sure got?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Angel, if i could recall, i bought it abour RM 7 per bundle..Wow, you meant Singapore dollar $22 for a small plate, too too expensive!

Jade, i got it at wet market or pasar pagi..not every time they selling this, whenever i see this veggie selling, i will quickly buy one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin