For the past few days, i was busy making few type of breads for breakfast. I was so happy able to make the sandwich roll that taste quite close to Subway sandwich roll. But I did not manage to take any photo as that time i was busy with something else. I will definitely make this again and will share with you the recipe soon. Come back today's recipe, it is the bread bun made by purple sweet potato, love the sweet purple colour and the soft texture..remain me of a very nice sweet potato bread that i tried in Das Gute Hong Kong....
The dough is very sticky, maybe due to the high water content in sweet potato, need to dust a lof of flour when shaping..you need to also adjust water amount if you want to make this..
This bun remain very soft even kept till the next day..
Purple Sweet Potato buns 奶香紫薯面包
(recipe source: adapted from meishilife cookbook with minor changes)
*makes 12 buns
For the bread
150g High protein flour or bread flour
50g mashed purple sweet potato
1 egg (medium, ~ 47g)
55g water, adjust accordingly
1/2tsp + 1/4tsp instead yeast
20g butter, room temperature
For the Filling
230g mashed purple sweet potato
20g condensed sweet milk
20g melted butter
Egg wash (egg yolk + milk)
White sesame seeds
1. Add all bread ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, knead till soft dough (slowly add in water and adjust water accordingly if needed).
2. Add in butter, continue knead till smooth dough (dough is quite sticky), set aside to proof until double in size.
3. To prepare filling, mix all ingredients together till combine well, refrigerated before use.4. Divide dough into 6 equal portions, set aside to rest for 10mins.
5. Divide sweet potato filling into 6 equal portions, make it into olive shape.
6. Flour the work top, flatten dough into round, wrap the sweet potato filling and seal. Use thread/yarn to cut the dough into two. Brush the egg wash on the filling, dip one end of rolling pin with water and dip on sesame seeds, and stamp the sesame seeds on the filling. Place on a baking tray. Let it proof for another 30-45mins.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 15-18mins.Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.