Wow, very fast, now comes the round up (5) , in fact round up (6) also ready. Let's see what yummy CNY delights in this round up, check it out !!
Red Bean Pancakes
Recipe adapted from Christine's Recipes and Cafe of the East
Makes around five x 20cm pancakes
120g Plain flour, sifted
10g Glutinous rice flour, sifted
1 Egg, lightly beaten
pinch of salt
250g Red bean paste (homemade or store bought)
Oil for shallow-frying
(1) Mix sifted flours and salt together in a bowl.
(2) Add in egg and water. Using a whisk, mix until the mixture is lump-free.
(3) Heat a tiny amount of oil in a non-stick frying pan over LOW heat. Add in around 80ml (1/3 cup) of the mixture. Quickly swirl the pan to evenly coat its base with the mixture to form a pancake that is around 20cm in diameter. Cook the pancake until set on one side then flip over the pancake and cook further to set the other side. Remove the pancake and set aside on a plate.
(4) Repeat step (3) until all the mixture is used up.
(5) To assemble the pancake:
Place 50g of the red bean paste in the middle of the pancake and spread out into the form of a rectangle, leaving some room around the rectangle's edges for folding.
Fold up the bottom edge of the pancake towards the centre of the pancake and press lightly.
Fold in both sides/edges of the pancake and press lightly to cover the red bean paste.
Fold in the top edge of the pancake towards the centre of the pancake to enclose the pancake 'parcel'.
(6) Repeat step (5) for the rest of the pancakes.
(7) Heat enough oil in a frying pan over MEDIUM heat to allow for shallow-frying.
Fry the pancake parcels until golden brown on both sides.
Remove the pancake parcels and slice into the desired number of pieces.
(8) Serve immediately. Enjoy