At first, I was thinking to make Matcha Dragon Cookies for my 1st post of Chinese New Year cookies. Since this year is a Snake year, so thinking to add matcha to become green and look like snake skin colour.
Due to i added too much of matcha powder, it was hard to pipe out the dragon shape. So i tried to roll into small rod and shape it like dragon, but it became look like snake, LOL ! Anyway, i decided to cut it using flower shape cutter, because I scare the snake shape (one of the animal that i scare the most !!) hahaha..
I also decided to add some dried cranberries to enhance the taste.
Anyway, this cookie turned out not bad though, very strong green tea aroma with slighly bitter taste and tasted not over sweet..Adults might like this cookie..
Matcha Cranberry Cookies
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
80g Butter (room temperature)
50g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
120g corn flour
20g cake flour
6g matcha powder ( can be reduced if prefer no bitter taste)
45 dried cranberries, chopped
1. Cream the butter and icing sugar till light and creamy.
2. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
3. Fold in corn flour, matcha powder, cake flour and chopped cranberries to form a soft and pliable dough.
4. Roll the dough into thin layer about 4mm, cut the flower shape.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 170c (fan forced) at middle rack for 12mins.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.