From day one I started roasted a chicken, I only used these two ingredients, lemon and rosemary. I think next time I should give other herbs a chance, hehehe..
This roasted chicken was well received by my family ..
The first recipe I adapted was from Happy Home Baking. After made it many times, and also refer to few other recipes online, I have adjusted the roasted chicken that suit to our taste.
Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Chicken迷迭香柠檬烤鸡*make 2 birds of chickens2 birds of chickens (~2kg each)1tbsp – 1 1/2tbsp sea salt, for outside skin1tsp sea salt, for inside cavity2 lemons, grated zest10g fresh rosemary, choppedWhite pepperMethod
- Mix lemon zest, salt, chopped rosemary in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Rub the seasoning mixture over the chicken (outside skin), and rub salt inside the cavity.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours (I keep for overnight without cover in the fridge).
- Remove chicken from fridge and let it rest in room temperature for at least 30 mins so that it will cook evenly.
- If you are using potatoes, peel and cut the potatoes into quarters. Put them into a pot of water with a pinch of salt together with the whole lemon. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Toss the potatoes with some salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- Stuff the rosemary stem inside the cavity then tuck cooked lemon ( you can also pierce it with the tip of a sharp knife for better flavours) at the opening area. Then tie the legs and tuck the wings underneath the chicken.
- Place chicken breast side up and place cooked potatoes on the roasted rack, roast in a pre-heated oven at 190C for 45mins.
- Turn the chicken over and roast for a further 40 minutes or until the skin is browned.
- Increase oven temperature to 200C (fan forced), turn the chicken breast side up again and roast for another 20mins or until the chicken is done with nice golden brown and the potatoes are nice and golden.
- To test whether the chicken is done, pierce the tip of a knife near the joint between the drumstick and the thigh. The juices should run clear (not pink), if it is still pink, cook the chicken a little longer.
- Carefully remove the lemon and rosemary stem from the cavity. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not throw away the juices collected at the roasting pan, discard the fat and you can dip the roasted chicken with this yummy juices.Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover