If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Japanese Miso and Carrot Salad Dressing 日式味噌胡萝卜沙拉酱


My sister-in-law highly recommended this Miso Carrot salad dressing (on a crab meat salad) to me when we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant. We were tried to figure out what contain inside this dressing as we wanted to make this at home. At the end, we got the ingredients used in this dressing from a worker in this restaurant (but I can't tell you how I dig out the recipe ^_^).



But I failed the first time when I prepared this dressing, kind of too thick. Luckily Jessie told me that her Japanese friend also has a similar and nice recipe. After I saw her friend's recipe, then only I have the idea on how to adjusted the correct amount of ingredients. But her friend's recipe is quite difference from this miso dressing, as her friend is using light soy sauce but not miso (Hopefully Jessie will share her recipe one day). But one ingredients common in these two recipes is carrot, one of the main ingredient in this salad dressing.


I use this type of imitation snow crab legs with flavoured to make this salad. In fact, it taste great!

My mother and sisters also immediate fall in love with this salad dressing when they first tasted at a family gathering that I organized during Valentine's day and Cap Goh Mei.

This is the Miso that I used, i got it at AEON Jusco.

Lets check the recipe. You may adjust the sugar and vinegar used in this recipe to suite your taste. You can even replace vinegar with lemon juices (as per the original recipe used in that restaurant).



Japanese Miso and Carrot Salad Dressing ( 日式味噌胡萝卜沙拉酱)

100g carrot, chopped
15g toasted white sesame seeds
30g yellow onion, chopped
20g Japanese mayonnaise
30g miso paste (white)
40g caster sugar
60ml white rice vinegar (try to use naturally brewed vinegar) (updated on 6 Feb 2015- you may use organic naturally brewed brown rice vinegar)
100ml Extra Virgin olive oil (updated on 6 Feb 2015- suggest change to Sun flower oil)
Method

  1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
  2. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate before use on salad. Can be kept in the fridge for 1 week.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

日式味噌胡萝卜沙拉酱
100 红萝卜, 切小块
 30克白洋葱,切小块
 15 白芝麻,炒香
 20 日本美乃滋
 30 日本白味噌
 40 细砂糖
100 毫升 太阳花油
 60毫升 糙米醋
做法:
1.      将所有材料放入搅拌机搅拌均匀即可

2.      将做好的沙拉酱,淋在沙拉蔬菜上, 就可以享用。也可以将做好的沙拉酱,密封干净的罐子,收进冰箱可耐1星期之久。


32 comments:

Tracy Low said...

早安,我先拿一份当午餐。

0620 said...

You gave "rasuah" for the recipe, haha!! just kidding :P
I love salad too ^^

Small Kucing said...

just nice for hot weather day like these. Now dont feel like eating anything. so hot

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

可以开日本餐厅了,sonia你真行!

PH said...

Sonia, you so clever to korek-korek for people's recipe :D I am very excited to try this salad dressing!

Choi Yen said...

NO Mmore boring balsamic vinegar dressing!

cikmanggis said...

Mesti cuba ni sebab nampak senang dan bahan bahannya pun tk byk.

Piegirl said...

I recently went back to Singapore for CNY and so homesick for local and also healthy food. I love your blog posts, especially your food photography! I hope you'll join Pinterest soon!

Elin Chia said...

Thanks for sharing this carrot salad dressing . Will try this dressing some day :) your blog is my online recipe book ;)

Mel said...

Easy ingredients yet it give such flavourful in taste. Good choice.

Jozelyn Ng said...

You really inspire me by making your own salad dressing! I quick quick book mark this!

Victoria Bakes said...

oh and i am now craving for crab meat salad... this dressing looks very versatile... maybe i should have chicken salad

Unknown said...

Love this refreshing salad dressing. Gives an extra oomph to vegetables!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

那个white rice vineger是在有机店买的么?
这个我有兴趣呢:)

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks authentic and delicious! Can't wait to give this dressing a try!

CQUEK said...

Such a yummy meal…at any time of day!

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , love your miso salad dressing but I love the light blue ( or gray ? ) ceramic container more lol It's really pretty ! Love the gorgeous photos , too !

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Definitely a book marking recipe,thanks Sonia.

Unknown said...

The miso looks amazing.

divya said...

looks awesome n delicious.....lovely clicks too!

Gabriela said...

Una receta estupenda! Me encantan siempre tus propuestas, son geniales! Besotes! Gaby de Las Cosas Ricas de Gaby

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Hi Sonia, I love your version of the Japanese salad dressing! I still haven't made it because I'm still looking for the brown rice vinegar. My nearby shops don't have & I want to follow my friend's recipe exactly before I mend it a bit in the future. I tell you hah, there was one bottle of the brown rice vinegar that I saw in my neighbourhood shop but has been expired since November, aiyoh, like this also can. It's the same bottle that I keep seeing, wonder why they don't restock. I'm going to my inlaws area today & will look for one soon.

Joceline Lor said...

美味的酱汁+新鲜沙拉=健康餐。。。。。 very good!

Robin said...

Like this cool and refreshing salad dressing. That recipe is definitely a good I will be making them! Everybody loves discover delicious new recipes, and an occasion this is a perfect opportunity to do so.

Esther Lau said...

Nice and refreshing salad dressing!

Juliana said...

This miso dressing sounds delicious Sonia...I love miso dressing but never made it my own...I will have to try your recipe.
Hope you are having a great week :D

Sissi said...

Wonderful and such a creative salad dressing! You must be proud to have managed to make the same you had in a restaurant.

妮妮conly said...

share

Baby Sumo said...

Sonia, your little pot for the salad dressing is so cute. Thx for sharing this, was waiting for it patiently. Haha! The other day I went to that Jap restaurant just to eat this.

Unknown said...

Hi Sonia, may I know what d different between miso paste ( white ) n normal miso paste.. Thanks frm SIEW wan

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia, can show a photo of your white miso? Thanks from Vivien

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Siew Wan and Vivien, I have attached a Miso paste photo, please check out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin