If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, February 28, 2014

Lemon Meringue Pie 柠檬蛋糖派 , CNY bloggers gathering

Today is the last day of February, I have to finished update those foods that I made during CNY. I prepared this Lemon Meringue Pie when a group of bloggers came to my place during CNY time (sorry for this poor photo, I was no time to take proper photo at that time).



 
The first time I tasted a very yummy lemon meringue tart was at Harrods Café KLCC when I met up with Jessie (Jessie's Cooking moments) and Yen (Eat Your Heard Out) before CNY.

 
Then I made this tart during CNY eve dinner. I was using the leftover pastry from pineapple tart. My family also first time tasted this type of tart, they were impressed too !
This tart is come with difference level of surprise, first you taste the buttery crust and mashmallow texture of meringue, then followed tangy lemon curd, and a hint of chocolate , yummy!


 
Then when the blogger friends and my best friend came to my house, I again made two large pies to serve them. They also like this pie too. Since I have to prepare many foods on that day, so I prepare the pie first except meringue which only made it on the spot before they come.






Lemon Meringue Pie 柠檬蛋糖派
*makes 2 x 9” round pie pan
 
For the pastry
500g plain flour
300g unsalted butter
1/2tsp fine salt
125g icing sugar, sifted
100g egg (~2 medium eggs)

Method

  1. Mix flour, icing sugar, butter and salt until the flour reaches a sandy texture (I use KA dough hook).
  2. Add in eggs and lightly knead to combine for 1min.
  3. Cover with cling film and refrigerate before use. 

For the filling

  1. Chocolate ganache -110g semi-sweet chocolate ( melt chocolate using double boiler method, add 2tbsp milk)
  2. Lemon curd -one quantity from recipe here
For the Meringue
88g egg white
55g icing sugar, sifted
1/4tsp cream of Tartar
1/2tbsp corn starch

Method

  1. Add in cream of tartar into egg white, beat egg white over high speed for 1min till foamy.
  2. Gradually add in icing sugar and beat till soft peaks.
  3. Add in corn starch and continue beat till stiff peaks.
To make

  1. Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured surface, then line on a loose-bottom round pie pan. Trim and neaten the edges. Prick the base with a fork. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 190C for 20-25mins or until golden brown.
  2. Remove pastry case from the pan and cool it, then brush chocolate ganache on the case.
  3. Fill lemon curd in a piping bag, then pipe lemon curd on the pastry case.
  4. Spread meringue on top of lemon curd, then bake at preheated oven at 190C for 10-15mins or until the meringue is slightly coloured. Eat the same day.

Pastry recipe adapted from Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia, recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
My blogger friends also brought some very nice foods to my place. Lets see what they have brought:-

Esther - Copycake Kitchen
Crystal - 厨房找快乐
Fion - Aunty Young
Karen - Karen's kitchen
May - 厨苑食谱
Tracy - 平淡的生活

 
 
 



 



 
 
 
If you want these recipes, you may hop over to Esther's Copycake kitchen blog to view more details.. Thanks Esther for the detail write up.
 
And below are what I had prepared:-



 
And this Lemon Meringue Pie


 
Food bloggers in action ^_^

 
I requested someone to draw horse on popiah (crepe) wrapper since this year is Horse year, see Crystal's drawing, beautiful right?
 
Year of Horse by Crystal..

Beside these gathering, I also met up with Gertrude (My Kitchen Snippets), and both Elin (Elinluv)  and Cheah (No frills recipe) that came all the way from Ipoh at Mid Valley KL.
You may go to my Instagram account if you wish to view the group photo for these few gatherings.
I am so happy to know so many new friends, who said blogging is not good ^_^


30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Food blogging is of course so goooood.....good food and meeting new friends too. I never knew food blogging can do so much too.

Tracy Low said...

这次的聚会真的很开心,
可以让大家更加认识对方。
希望有机会再来一次大聚会。

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

可惜每次和你见面都太匆匆啊
期盼下次有机会和你坐下来好好聚会:)

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

那天好像回到年轻时,
戴花,摆post,一款接一款。。。。
因为你们,安迪过了一个超开心的下午,谢谢哦!

食谱我又拿走了,哈。。。。。Sonia无限感激啦,你的无私绝对是我们的福气。

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wish i have a chance to taste your bakes... hehe...

0620 said...

Wuah, happy moment and delicious foods, how nice to be there XD

ice pandora said...

Is there something that you can't make? You are amazing at Asian dishes and you are great at pastries! Xx

Victoria Bakes said...

Envy envy! What a nice food spread . I love the twist of your meringue pie with the addition of the chocolate ganache that uses milk instead of whipping cream. Bookmarked.... Gosh... I have so many bookmarks from your site but so backward in baking

Ana Regalado said...

Looks like everybody had a great time in that bloggers' get together ! Your friend Crystal is very talented , love the horse drawing ! Oh , the food ?! Darn , I'm drooling here , Sonia lol

Esther Lau said...

Yeap "who said blogging is not good." I'm sooooooo lucky to have all of you and learned lots of good food, hehe. Sonia Sifu thank you for invited us to your lovely house and your mentioned.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Simply delicious and lovely looking pie.

Deepa

Jozelyn Ng said...

Such a happy bloggers gathering! Now only I know Aunty Young is Fion! Haha. By the way, thanks for sharing this lovely tart recipe.

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

What a lovely tart. Sure my family will love to eat it.

Unknown said...

Wow look at all that mouth watering food!

Angie's Recipes said...

Everything looks so delicious, Sonia. Horse on popiah looks stunning!

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

非常高兴的聚会, 还有那美味的食物。 印象中只在幼年时才将花儿往头上戴的,那日我们个个都回到幼时了, 哈哈哈!

Rosita Vargas said...

Delicioso cake se ve muy hermo,saludos y abrazos.

chow and chatter said...

wonderful dessert and looks like such a fun event

PH said...

Nice gathering and lots of very good food! And Sonia, I like your lemon meringue pie. I have never tasted one before.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, you are a risk taker of making such a large meringue pie & it looks beautiful there!

Elaine said...

Good morning Ms Sonia,
Thanks for sharing your recipe... chocolate and lemon curd...yum.

Small Kucing said...

She is one talented lady. The horse look so alive

Baby Sumo said...

Sonia, your lemon meringue tart definitely looks as good as Harrods. Thumbs up!

So much delicious food during the gathering... wow.

My Little Space said...

Oh wow...what a feast at your house during CNY. Guess, the next time I were in Klang area I should hop over to have lunch at your house as well. hehe.... I think I'll skip the main course and go straight to the desserts instead. :o)
Hope you're having a wonderful week ahead.
Blessings, Kristy

Sokehah cheah said...

Wow, that was some gathering with so much food.... Yes, it was fun meeting up with you and Gertrude!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

好开心,好多美食哦 :)

Zoe said...

Wow, Sonia! You have meeting a lot of blogging friends lately. Lucky you! I have read about the gathering at your house at Esther's blog and I thought that you are very nice to organize something like this. If you Crystal again, must tell her that her drawing of horse is very professional!!! I'm very impressed with everything in this post :D

Thumbs up to blogging!!!!

Zoe

mis chucherias said...

I loved this post and all the delicious dishes you have done. Now I follow the blog to all your friends. The horse is beautiful
Hugs for all
excuse me for my english, is :-S but I'm learning something every day

MiChi said...

so nice to have blogger gathering!

Unknown said...

Awww Thank you sooo much for this recipe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin