If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, February 21, 2014

Lemon Curd 柠檬酱

I never know this simple lemon curd can be so yummy. After I tasted a nice Lemon Meringue tart the other day, I was so impressed with this lemon curd. As usual, come back home, I made this Lemon Meringue tarts ^_^.


 
Before I make the tarts, first I have to make this lemon curd. I searched for few recipes, decided to pick this recipe which are not using whole egg (because I need the egg white to make meringue) and less egg yolks used ( instead use corn starch to thicken the mixture). I will share the Lemon Meringue Tarts recipe soon.
 
 

Lemon Curd 柠檬酱
150ml lemon juices (~4 lemons)
150g caster sugar, or adjust accordingly
30g unsalted butter
Lemon rind, from 3 lemons
3gg yolks
3tbsp corn starch
6tbsp water
Method
  1. In a saucepan, combine lemon juices and lemon rind, sugar and butter, cook till sugar dissolved, and turn off heat when you see bubbles at the side. Remove saucepan from heat.
  2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, dissolve corn starch in the water, then add egg yolks, lightly stir to combine well.
  3. Add the egg yolk mixture to the lemon mixture and return to the low heat, whisking continuously until mixture thickens, take about 5mins.
  4. Cover the surface with cling film to prevent a skin forming and let cool.
Reference book: a year of desserts, recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

  




I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up 'Lemons' hosted by Grace, Life can be simple. This is organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My little favourite DIY.

25 comments:

Victoria Bakes said...

wow, this is definitely MUCH better than store bought lemon curd! a lemon meringue pie with all ingredients from scratch. how good does that sound

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Look forward to your Lemon Meringue Tarts recipe...

Sokehah cheah said...

This lemon curd looks delicious...all natural ingredients!

Tracy Low said...

这个是那天我们吃的那个柠檬酱吗?

ann low said...

Nice colour of this lemon curd. Well done!

Mel said...

As I pen down my comment here, Im imagining the sweet dessert tart you be making away with this lemon curd.

Veronica said...

Looking forward to see your lemon tarts Sonia.

PH said...

Can scoop and eat direct hee..hee..

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , my reaction when I've made my first lemon curd is the same as yours lol Nothing beats homemade curd and really easy to make , too . I've seen 2 different brands of lemon curd at the supermarket here and the color looks anemic unlike the pretty yellow color of homemade curd :D

divya said...

Looks really appetizing and delicious dear :)

Baby Sumo said...

Whenever I make lemon curd, my son will stand there n lick the spoon. Haha! Your recipe is good ah... can use the egg white to make the meringue. Kill two birds with one stone.

Esther Lau said...

Yes, this is absolutely delicious!!!! Looking forward for your Lemon Meringue Tarts recipe :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Tracy, you are right ^_^

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Lemon meringue tart is an absolute favourite of mine. It's quite hard to find a good one sold outside. I've made it once before, but you have to eat it within the same day because if kept overnight, I found the meringue started to "keluar air".
Anyway look forward to your tart! :))) Yumyum....

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

You always amaze me with your delicious recipes.

Sissi said...

Your lemon curd looks perfect! (I also add some corn starch but to reduce butter content, not eggs.) You have reminded me I must prepare while lemons are still in season!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great, thick and lemony!

The Sudden Cook said...

Looking forward to your lemon meringue tart recipe

Small Kucing said...

Yumm..will try out this recipe. Hot day. Nice to hv something lemony

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I thought that I had left a message here b4 as I'm sure I have the 1st introduction paragraph but I didn't see my message here, so here I'm again! Yeah, lemon curd is very very easy to prepare & it was ready well before you realise. Looking forward to see your lemon meringue pie!

Unknown said...

Hope to try one day. Can't wait to see how you use lemon curd in making meringue tarts.

Zoe said...

Hi Sonia,

Homemade lemon curd is always so much better than the store bought. I like yours being not too rich with lots of butter :D

Zoe

Rosita Vargas said...

Me encanta el sabor del limòn se ve increìble,saludos y abrazos.

Ting said...

How long can I keep this curd for?:)
Do i need to freeze it or just keep in the fridge?

Thanks!!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ting, not sure how long, just keep in the fridge

Blog Widget by LinkWithin