If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Otak-Otak Kuey Teow Mee (stir fried flat rice noodles with Otak-otak) 乌达炒粿条面

 
My mother brought back some Otak-otak (is a cake made of fish meat and spices) for me from Muar. The first thing I want to cook with this Otak-otak is to use it to stir fry with noodles which I seen in Ah Xian food show. I have never had Otak-otak with noodles, sound interesting !


 
 
 I was planned to pan fry the Otak-otak first (try to slice it while it is still frozen form) before adding into noodles (or you may just steamed it first then slice) , but I was running out of time as my son was rushing to school, so I simply add in the raw Otak-otak. Thus it broken up into small bites after stir fried, so it add extra flavours to the noodles.
 
 



Otak-Otak Kuey Teow Mee (stir fried flat rice noodles) 乌达炒粿条面
 
Pre-mixed sauce
In a bowl, mix below seasonings and stir well:-
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp fish sauce
1tsp sugar
1tsp salt

Ingredients for a plate (per pax)
150g fresh Koey Teow (flat rice noodles), loosen it
50g yellow noodles
2tbsp cooking oil
1/2tbsp chopped garlic
1tsp chili paste or more
1/2tbsp - 1tbsp pickled radish (Chai Poh), chopped
50g fresh Otak-otak
Bean sprouts
1 and 1/2tbsp above pre-mixed sauce

Method (Fast –appx 3mins, High heat)
1. Heat up a wok over high heat, add cooking oil.
2. Add garlic and chopped pickled radish, stir few seconds, then add in noodles, quickly mix well.
3. Add pre-mixed sauce and chili paste, stir to coat well. Add in bean sprouts and stir well.
4. Add in Otak-otak, quickly stir and mix well.
5. Serve hot with fried egg and cold drink, Enjoy!

Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
 
According to Axian, Muar peoples like to enjoy this noodle with fried egg 荷包蛋. I also followed the same , and enjoy with a glass of cold drink, simply perfect!


20 comments:

Joceline Lor said...

哇!学到了。sonia 师傅!谢谢你的分享。

Mel said...

I'm not a fan of otak otak but having it to fry in noodles sure sounds delicious and yummy to me. Who knows after I used it in noodles, I might got addicted to otak otak already.

Victoria Bakes said...

i am starving from your pictures... wished i can make this but there's no otak otak in beijing...... 5555... and too lazy to make .. hahaha... if i were your neighbour, i will be competing for food with your children :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, must be very aromatic and delicious. The extra egg makes it even more tempting.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Saw a friend in FB her fried kway teow, now see your FKT, makes me crave for it, hehe...

0620 said...

Yummy, opss, hungry now ... ><"

Angie's Recipes said...

This makes me HUNGRY. Otak otak is new to me. Hopefully I can get to try them some day.

Lite Home Bake said...

Wow, this is new to me, brilliant idea. A relative gave me 2 boxes of these Muar otak otak too but we finished it too soon, otherwise i will give this a try!

Ana Regalado said...

Okay , I'm coming over right now lol Otak otak sounds delicious on its own ! I love your wok , it seems that your flat rice noodles is not sticking into it :D

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这样的煮法,我相信我家夫君会很爱
学起来了!!

PH said...

What a good idea and it sounds and look so sedap!

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

muar的otak otak是闻名的,一定很sedap,
我也要一盘otak炒面,嘻嘻!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I also never have noodles with otak-otak b4, pls pass me a bowl of this with an egg please. Like your chopping board.

Esther Lau said...

I also want a plate of Otak-Otak Kuey Teow Mee, they looks so yummmyyy~ :)

ann low said...

This is the first time that I see fried koey teow with otak. Looks really delicious!

QembarDelites said...

Haven't had otak-otak for ages! This version of CKT sounds delicious!

divya said...

looks sooo tempting n delicious...

Gloria Fernandes said...

such a delectable dish...very yummy

Choi Yen said...

Exceptionally delectable looking CKT!

Little blue said...

otak fried "yun yong" sure the taste is yummy, and i see beside have a soft drink, sure a perfer lunch!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin