Just like to record this local dessert Bubur Cha Cha in my blog here. A easy and yummy dessert that my mom used to prepare for us when we were young.
When I was young, I always helped my mom on making this tapioca jelly. Nowadays we can buy ready Bubur cha cha from outside stall, but I still prefer made my own, so nostalgia!
I only changed one step from my mom's recipe, she used to steam the sweet potato and yam first then only add into syrup water, but I made into simple way, cook the potato and yam together with water..
These tapioca jelly are chewy and smooth ^_^
Bubur Cha Cha 摩摩喳喳
300g sweet potato (orange), small cubed200g yam, small cubed6 pandan leaves, knotted2lt water200g sugar1/2tsp salt
To make Tapioca jelly100g tapioca flour65ml hot boiling waterA drop of red food colouring1tsp caster sugar, and more tapioca flour for dusting
1 cup coconut milk
- To make tapioca jelly, mix tapioca flour and sugar in a mixing bowl, drop red food colouring into hot boiling water, slowly add into tapioca flour, using a pair of chopstick or spoon to mix well.
- When it turn slightly warm, use hand to combine and knead till smooth.
- Dust worktop with tapioca flour, use a rolling pin to roll dough into flatten, cut into small square cubes. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil, add in sweet potato cubes and pandan leaves, boil about 5mins, then add in yam cubes, continue to boil for another 5-10mins or until tendered.
- Add in tapioca jelly, cook until they float on the top.
- Add in coconut milk, sugar and salt to taste. Bring to boil for few minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover