warm brownie served with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce, they are simply good!
Pumpkin Brownie 南瓜布朗尼*makes 6 small brownies or a 6” cake pan
150g dark chocolate ( I use 100g 85% dark cocoa and 50g milk chocolate)70g unsalted butter70g light brown sugar40g fresh milk
30g UHT whipping cream1 egg (large)50g cake flour12g cocoa powder1/2tsp baking powder35g roasted pumpkin cubes (pre-baked at 180C for 10mins) or you may replaced with 100g chopped banana (original recipe)Pecan nuts
- Mix milk, cream and egg in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate and butter over hot simmering water, add in brown sugar, slightly mix well.
- Slowly pour in the milk mixture (no1) into chocolate mixture, combine well. Add in roasted pumpkin cubes.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, stir to well combine.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan, top with pecan nuts. Bake at 170C for 30mins (if using small brownie pan ) or 35-40mins (if using 6” cake pan).
- Serve warm brownie with vanilla ice-cream and pour with chocolate sauce ( melted 40g chocolate with 40g cream).
Recipe source: adapted from Sunday Café brunch cookbook, with minor changes, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary