Rose Sauce and Bacon Spaghetti 培根薔薇醬義大利麵*serve 4 pax
5 slices of streaky bacon, sliced1 large fresh tomato, small cubes
1tbsp butter½ onion, chopped20g carrot, chopped2 cloves garlic, chopped
1cup dairy cream1/2cup milk3tbsp tomato puree3/4tsp salt or to tasteFreshly ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package instruction (Usually I add olive oil and salt in boiling water, cook spaghetti about 7-8 mins).
- Pan fry bacon in a non-stick frying pan till brown and aroma. Add in fresh tomatoes cubes, stir fry till fragrance and dry. Dish out and set aside.
- In another clean frying pan, add butter, sauté onion, carrot and garlic till aroma. Add in tomato puree, mix well.
- Add in cream and milk, cook till sauce turn thick. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato and bacon paste (No2) into the sauce, mix well and dish out.
- Pour the rose sauce on the cooked spaghetti, enjoy!Recipe reference: Café Brunch cookbook, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
57 minutes ago