Since this month's "Best Recipes for everyone" event is "almond", so i came out with this cinnamon rolls that filled with almond cinnamon paste and more flaked almonds on top.
Almond Cinnamon rolls 杏仁肉桂面包For bread350g High Protein flour or Bread flour40g caster sugar
1/2tsp salt1tsp instant yeast210g fresh milk25g unsalted butter, room temp.For filling40g unsalted butter, room temp.40g caster sugar40g almond meal or ground almond1tsp cinnamon powderFor topping1 egg, lightly beaten35g flaked almondsMethod
- To make bread, mix all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, mix and knead till smooth dough.
- Add in butter, knead till dough is elastic and smooth. Cover and set aside to proof till double.
- To make filling, beat butter and sugar till light and pale, add in almond meal &cinnamon powder, mix to combine.
- Punch down the dough to expel air, use a rolling pin, roll into 9”x12” rectangular. Spread almond mixture evenly on the dough. Roll it up like swiss roll, equally divide into 9 rolls.
- Place it on a baking pan (9’x9’), Let is proof for another 30-45mins.
- Brush egg on top of the dough then sprinkle flaked almond on top.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25mins or until golden brown.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY.