This time i modified a bit of the old recipe, just bake a normal orange butter cake then top with honey flaked almond which is the most yummy part of this cake .
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY.Orange Butter Cake with Honey Almond Crust蜂蜜杏仁香橙奶油蛋糕For orange butter cake125g butter90g sugar2 eggs (large or A size)1/2tsp vanilla extra125g cake flour1/2tsp +1/4tsp baking powder1tsp orange zestFor the honey almond crust45g flaked almond25g honey15g butterMethod
- Sift cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in the mixing, with electric hand mixer, beat until light, pale and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. After well combine, slightly increase speed and beat for 1min till fluffy.
- Add in flour and baking powder and orange zest, beat well to combine, fold orange juices alternately and combine well.
- Spoon batter in a loaf tin or cake pan (lined paper at bottom). Tap the tin to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake at preheated oven at 170c for 30mins or until a skewer insert and come out clean.
- To prepare honey and almond crust topping, add butter, honey and flaked almond into a shallow saucepan. Heat to melt the butter and honey, ensuring that the almond slices are well-coated with the honey-butter mixture.
- Top with the honey almond crust mixture evenly over the cake and return the cake to the oven at 180C until the almond are roasted to a lovely golden brown, which takes approx. 10 min (I changed to top heat or grill on last two minutes to brown the top).
- Wait for the cake to cool down before slicing.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover