If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, April 17, 2015

Deep Fried Almond Prawns 香酥杏仁虾

I supposed to make this deep fry prawns during CNY, but keep delaying till now..Anyway never too late to make this, nice aroma from almond flakes and juicy prawns, and dipping with sweet chili sauce, not bad at all.







I decided to halve the large prawn, chop another half and mix with meat, then it was easy to wrap to make round shape.





Deep Fried Almond Prawns香酥杏仁虾

12 large prawns, peeled and devined
150g minced pork


Seasonings
1/4tsp salt or to taste
1/2tsp light soy sauce
1/2tsp sesame oil
1/2tsp rice wine
Pepper
1tsp tapioca starch

70g almond flakes

Method
  1. Cut prawns into half, keep aside the half with tail, smashed another half and chopped roughly.
  2. Add chopped prawns with minced pork, add in all seasonings and tapioca flour, stir to mix till sticky paste.
  3. Wrap half prawn with tail with some minced pork mixture, then coat with almond flakes and shape into roll shape. Repeat till finished.
  4. Deep fry almond prawns in hot oil over low heat till golden brown, drained. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.


Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY. 

7 comments:

rachel said...

我的最爱,看起来很美味呢

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

This is a pretty appetiser that I'm sure everyone will love!

PH said...

Very cute lah!

Fion said...

哇!!谁能抵挡呢?

mui mui said...

Aww Ah Chi,
You are always so good at preparing nice to see and yummy to eat food. How I wish I can taste your cooking one day! Again Kam xia, Kam xia, for your sharing!
mui

CQUEK said...

wow! that is a tough job. i will show your recipe to my auntie. hopefully she will cook for me.

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , those are pretty appetizing nibbles ! I wouldn't mind some of it :D I bet it tastes wonderful !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin