First prepare the filling, i used homemade chicken stock and made the white sauce, it tasted so good and fresh. For quick version, you can use the store bought chicken cream to replace homemade white sauce like below.
Thick chicken filling is ready for the next step
Spoon chicken filling on the prepared ramekins
I used store-bough puff pastry that come with square shape, and i do not want to waste any of the pastry so i didn't cut into same shape with ramekin.
One of my kid's favourite lunch!
Chicken Pot Pie 酥皮杯式鸡肉派For the filling500g chicken breast, cut small cubes170g button mushroom, cut small cubes100g mixed vegetables80g yellow onion, chopped500ml chicken stock (I use homemade chicken stock)25g butter2tbsp olive oil4tbsp plain flour1 and 1/4tsp salt or tastePepper
6pcs store-bought puff pastry (4”x4”), thawed1 egg, light beatenMethod
- Melt butter and olive oil, add in onion, sauté till aroma.
- Add in chicken, stir fry till colour changed. Then add in button mushroom and mixed vegetables, stir to mix well.
- Add in plain flour, stir to mix well, add in chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, cook till sauce is thicken.
- Spoon chicken filling in each of the ramekin or baking dish, brush the ring with egg, place one piece puff pastry on top.
- Use a fork, lightly press the edge to seal, make a small cut at the centre. Brush egg on the puff pastry.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 200C for 20mins or till golden brown.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover