I feel the store-bought blueberries filling tasted artificial and too sweet, so i added some fresh blueberries and mix with it. If time allowed next time, i will homemade the blueberries filling.
Blueberries and Almond Crumbs Bread 藍莓杏仁酥面包For the bread170g High protein flour or bread flour30g cake flour or low protein flour1tsp instant yeast
50g caster sugar1/2tsp fine salt25g egg90g fresh milk35 unsalted butter, room temp.For the almond crumbs45g cake flour or low protein flour45g ground almond or almond flour45g brown sugar30g unsalted butter, directly from fridge1 egg yolk100g blueberries filling or jamMethod
- To make bread, mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, knead till smooth dough. Add in butter, continue to knead till smooth and elastic. Cover and keep aside to rise till double.
- To make almond crumbs, mix cake flour, ground almond and sugar in a mixing bowl, rub butter with dry ingredients till like bread crumbs, add in egg yolk, mix well.
- Punch down the dough to expel air, roll into round ball, set aside to rest for 15mins.
- Use a rolling pin, roll into 2 large rectangular size of dough, spread blueberries filling on top then sprinkle with almond crumbs.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20-25mins.
Recipe source: adapted from Sunday Home Baking, minor changes by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY.