My kids sure have more rice when i cook this assam fish curry ^_^
Assam Fish Curry 亚参咖喱鱼1 whole black pomfretc fish, slice into few piecesTo blend into paste3 fresh red chili2 shallots3 garlicA small knob ginger
2 lemongrass, smashed3 sprig curry leaves1tbsp curry powder30g tamarind pulp1 cup and 1/4cup water8 okra or ladyfingers, halved1 tomato, slice wedges1tsp salt or to taste3tsp sugar or to taste4tbsp cooking oilMethod
- Mix tamarind pulp with water, mash it and strained, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or pot, add in blended chili paste, sauté till aroma.
- Add in curry powder, curry leaves and lemongrass, stir to mix well.
- Add in tamarind water and tomato, bring to boil.
- Transfer to a claypot ( if you are using), add in fish slices, season with salt and sugar, cook fish till done.
- Add in okra and cook for one minute. Serve hot with rice.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover