This bread is less sweet (i could enjoyed with nutella spread), my kids requested to make it sweeter and add more chocolate chips next time.
Double Chocolate Hot Cross Buns 双巧克力十字面包For the bread350g High protein flour or bread flour40g caster sugar20g cocoa powder (I use Valrhona cocoa powder)1/2tsp fine salt1/2tsp cinnamon powder, optional1tsp instant yeast240g fresh milk25g unsalted butter, room temperature
50g chocolate chips (cold chocolate chips from fridge)For the cross40g cake flour40g fresh milk15g melted butterMethod
- In a stand mixer, add in bread ingredients except butter, mix and knead till smooth.
- Add in butter, knead till elastic and shining dough. Cover and set aside to proof till double in size.
- Punch down the dough to expel air, fold in chocolate chips then equally divide into 9 portions, roll into round ball, rest for 15mins.
- Roll and shape into round ball, place into the baking pan (9'x9'). Let is proof for another 30-45mins.
- Mix the cross ingredients till smooth paste, fill in a piping bag, draw cross lines on top of the bread.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 20-25mins.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover