Spices ingredients can easily get it from pasar (wet market)
Homemade Assam Fish Paste
Spices Ingredients500g Onions
A small bundle of Daun Kesum (Laksa leaves)
1” galangal /blue ginger (or replace with normal ginger)
8 stalks serai / Lemongrass
5 small chillies
1 bunga kantan/Torch Ginger Flower
3tbsp cooking oil
5tbsp chilli paste ( I use homemade chilli paste)
100g tamarind paste ( mix with 100ml water, discard seeds)
1. In a blender/food processor, grind spices ingredients till a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a wok, stir fry chilli paste, add blended ingredients, tamarind water and water.
3. Stir fry till fragrant and almost dry, take about 15mins.
4. Season with sugar and salt.
5. Store in freezer once the paste is completely cooled.
Recently, I just use the fish head from the 5kg big fish to cook this Assam fish head curry using this homemade Assam fish paste, simply fresh and good.
Happy Cooking !!