Hi all, this is the Chicken & vegetable stew that I enjoyed with the yummy bagels. This is very similar to ABC soup (potato, carrot, tomato & chicken soup), but this is more flavourful.
Chicken & Vegetables stew*makes 5 servings
8 big pieces of chicken
1 large onion, cut into thick wedges
2 ribs celery, cut into 3cm lengths
1 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick wedges
2 tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
300g pumpkin, cut into thick wedges
1 medium zucchini, cut into 2cm diagonal slices
200g fresh button, halved
1tsp dried thyme (if you have fresh thyme, add 2 sprigs)
1tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4tsp ground black pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate chicken with cumin, paprika, salt and black pepper for 30mins.
2. Pan fry chicken with little oil till browned, set aside.
3. In a saucepan or casserole, add 2tbsp Olive oil, add onion, celery and carrots, cook till pieces are browned around the edges.
4. Add tomatoes and thyme and cook for few minutes till tomatoes soften.
5. Return chicken to the pan and add just enough water to barely cover chicken.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to boil, simmer for 15mins or chicken pieces are tender.
7. Add pumpkin, cook for 5mins. Add zucchini and fresh button, cook for another 5-7mins or until vegetables are tender.
8. Taste and adjust the seasonings,
9. Serve with bread, rice or paste on the side. The stew can be stored in the fridge in a covered container.
Indonesian Basic White Condiment Paste
4 hours ago