If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thai Belacan fried rice ( shrimp paste fried rice)

We like to order this Thai Belacan fried rice when we take meal at Baby Seafood restaurant, recently I imitated and cooked this rice at home.

Thai Belacan fried rice ( shrimp paste fried rice)


Thai Belacan fried rice ( shrimp paste fried rice)
Thai Belacan fried rice ( shrimp paste fried rice)
(printable recipe)
4 cups raw rice (cooked, and cooled several hours or prefer store overnight)
20g Belacan (shrimp paste)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
8 cloves garlic, chopped
1 and ½ tsp salt or to taste
1/2tsp chicken stock
1/4tsp pepper
6tbsp cooking oil

300g chicken breast meat, cubed and marinate with light soy sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch-deep fried and set aside

300g medium shrimps, marinate with light soy sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch-deep fried and set aside

1 cucumber, cubed
1 tomato, cubed

Some Chili sambal belacan-blend fresh red chilli and seasoning with shrimp paste, lime juice, sugar and salt.

Method
1. Heat oil in a wok over high flame, add in chopped garlic, stir fry till fragrant.
2. Add shrimp paste and quickly stir fry.
3. Push garlic mixture on the side of the wok, add in egg, and scramble the egg.
4. Put in the rice, toss well to combine.
5. Add in seasonings, keep stirring until the rice starts to “jump”. Combine all the ingredients together and fry until heated through.
6. Dish out, garnish with fried chicken meat, fried shrimp, cucumber and tomto, serve hot with sambal belacan.



Thai Belacan fried rice ( shrimp paste fried rice)

P/S : Just like to share this photo with you, my 6 years old son Desmond know better on how to operate iPhone than me. He was busy feeding his fish in his aquarium (a new game in iPhone) and listen to his favourite song ( Taylor Swift Two Is Better Than One Boys Like Girls)......



Happy Cooking !!

32 comments:

divya said...

Wow...looks delicious.. Awesome clicks too..

WendyinKK said...

Looks yummy.
I've never had belacan fried rice and hmm..
Maybe I'll try this one day.

chow and chatter said...

oh looks great I am getting some shrimp paste for my next fried rice your son looks so cute

Unknown said...

Sonia,
Your son is so handsome. I also hv this game, but dun really know how to play.

Bo said...

I love rice dishes...This looks so delicious...Your son is adorable...I'm a Taylor Swift fan too.

Bakericious said...

the fried rice looks yummy, bookmark and wil try next time. I am at the same situation with you, my 6 yrs old daughter know how to operate my IPhone better than me :P

Elin said...

Sonia...simple fried rice can look and taste good. Thanks for sharing this thai belacan fried rice :) Kids nowadays are smarter :) Your boy looks cute :)

Pete said...

Nice if eaten with sambal belachan....lOL

Jeannie said...

Looks delicious, I always cook fried rice when I ran out of ideas.

sulianmama said...

the rice look so yummy. kids nowadays are really smart to learn up the high tech product.

Edith said...

Belachan rice! yum... now I wish my youngest will start to take spicy food. Then at least it is easier for us to cook our spicy meal. haiz

Suhaina said...

fried rice looks very yummy. very flavorful and colourful too.
Yeh! kids are always inquisitive and study things very fast compared to us.

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

Nowadays kids are very smart. Ur son is a handsome boy ah!

Btw, I never tried belacan fried rice before but I like to eat fried rice with sambal belachan.

My Little Things Corner said...

Hahaha, yesterday i also order this Nasi Goreng Thai, yummy, i love it a lot.

3 hungry tummies said...

Always a favourite of ours. The food looks good at that restaurant!

PranisKitchen said...

i like any thai dish this is simply superb nice pic too

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Can I have a plate?! Looks so good yeah! Your boy is so smart...and cute, heehee. :)

busygran said...

Nice and tempting! Yup, it's always belachan that will make a dish special.

Jane Chew said...

Sonia, u always tempted me.....
Absolutely agreed that kids are always better than mum when come to all these latest electronic devices. Can u believe that i even dont know how to operate my own tv?

ahteekitchen said...

Ohh~Thx for sharing Sonia~Actually Im Looking for this recipe since last week, now I got it from u..
If the belacan fried rice together with sweet & sour chicken would be nice too~

tigerfish said...

I assume it is just belacan and not sambal cos the color of rice looks non-spicy...

Mary Bergfeld said...

Such concentration. If that carries through to his schoolwork, the world will be his. I love your recipe today. I love fried rice but have never made it with shrimp paste. It has become a must try. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

great recipe - will try. I 'm hopeless at games like these.

Anonymous said...

its such a wonderful dish.. i wish to have this for my lunch 2morrow. hahaha^^

ann low said...

I love this too. Looks so delicious.
Your son is so handsome ;D

Cheah said...

This rice looks yummy, and Desmond is so handsome!

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

wht a awesome platter..can finish it right away...cute n adorable ur son is....they learn things real fast than us...bravo

pigpigscorner said...

Ur little boy is so cute! I love belacan fried rice! So simple and so so tasty!

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Sonia, I'm just drooling over ur belacan fried rice! OMG, this is my fav! Can't help myself now...:D

The Sudden Cook said...

Looks positively yummy. Am gonna try the diced chicken marinated the way you mentioned and fried.

ReeseKitchen said...

Yummy! I like this too...used to order when I dine at Thai restaurant too. How nice if I'm your neighbour...I can always have some yummy food..heehee..;p

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear my blogger friends, Thanks for your time to leave me nice comments, keep visiting!! and Thanks your compliments to Desmond.

Mary, agreed with you, how nice if he have such concentration to his schoolwork.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin