If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Seafood Restaurant, Batu Belah Klang

This is one of my family's favourite restaurant, Baby Seafood restaurant, Batu Belah Klang (I just wonder why their restaurant name called as"Baby"?), and just 5mins away from my house. This restaurant very famous among locals. They serve very good Thai & Chinese food at very reasonable price.


-no fancy menu provided, you just look up at this big white board, and order the dishes !!

IMG_2119


-no fancy cutlery provided..


IMG_2120

-Everyone come here sure will order this signature dish, Thai style of steamed fish !! I love this dish very much, sour, sweet and spiciness (comes from dried chilies,birds' eye chillies, lemongrass, sour plum, salted vegetables , pickled garlic, ginger galangal and lime leaves). While I writing this, also salivating, hahaha!! Furthermore, this is served in a special charcoal steamer.


IMG_2132


-They will serve you extra broth, time to time you need to refill the broth as the broth will dry up pretty fast in charcoal steamer.


IMG_2128


-Usually I will specially order a plate of meehoon to add into steamed fish


IMG_2122

-Another signature dish- fried stuffed chicken wings, simply yummy !!


IMG_2124


-Corn flakes mantis prawn, normal only

IMG_2136


-This Thai style of fried rice is a must order dish whenever we visit this restaurant. Mix the fried rice with sambal belacan, adoi, Heaven !!


IMG_2127


-A very ordinary restaurant, but very crowded especially weekend, suggest you to visit during weekdays.



IMG_2140

** we also ordered a plate of mix veggie (forgot to take picture), all above dishes and plus drinks, only cost me RM 66.60 (~USD 20), how to find a super cheap and nice restaurant nowadays. If you happen to be around this area, don't miss to visit this restaurant !!

Baby Seafood is located at:
No. 186A-1 Jalan Sg Putus
Batu Belah 41400 Klang
(after pay toll at Shapadu toll station, drive straight, look for 99 mini market at your left (1-2mins), this restaurant just beside 99 mini market)

Operating Hours: 12 noon - 2.30 p.m.; 6 p.m. - 10.30 p.m.

21 comments:

Bakeling said...

What broth is that ? Chicken or fish broth ?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, I dont know, something sweet and sour, I guess all herbs lo..

Namitha said...

Yes, I got a bit confused with the name of the restaurant..lol..the chicken wings look irresistible..

ahteekitchen said...

RM66.60????
Are u kidding me?? Must go Must go!
Thnx for Sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this place! The only problem is that my clothes smelled so bad after dinner. I am sure you know what I mean ^^

-jenne

fimere said...

de bonnes recettes et de magnifiques photos
je te souhaite une bonne année 2010
à bientôt

pigpigscorner said...

wow everything looks great! The Thai style fried rice looks so good!

Artchala said...

Sonia,
Baby也是阿查拉和家人算是最经常光顾的餐厅^^
每一样都很好吃。
还有,价钱真的实惠。
招牌鱼也是必点的菜。
但是,如果想要吃tom yam的话,就不会点这道蒸鱼。
另外还有虾球炒芦笋,pandan鸡,泰式芒果鸡也是我们最常点的菜。
我也很喜欢那道炒饭。
很简单,但是belacan一捞上去....好吃到....
有时候还会打包明天早上翻热吃,哈哈!
也许我有在baby遇过你,也说不定^^

Precious Pea said...

Adoi...i so wanna have the hot spicy sour soup now. My must order! And i didn't know can add meehoon also. Thanks for the tip!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Gulmohar, i imitated the chicken wings at home, will share later, very easy to cook.

AhTee, ya, must go must go, they still have other dishes also nice e.g tom Yam, pandan chicken, pineapple pork ribs & etc..

pigpigcorner, ya, maybe I should imitate this fried rice at home !! but think back, since the price is so cheap, better go there and eat, hahaha!!

Artchala, I'm so happy to see you leave comment, you also staying nearby huh..the fried rice is very nice ho, add the belacan, super delicious !! I have no chance to order Tom Yam, kids can't take so spicy soup..

Precious Pea, ya, add meehoon into soup, very nice,usually I dont order white rice, we only ordered that super yummy fried rice.

artchala said...

嗯~对啊!阿查拉家离baby大约10分钟,飞车5分钟的距离罢了。
当初看它店的样子,一点都显眼。
老公说是有刊登过报纸的。
我大约只吃了4年而已。
快则每星期会吃1次,慢的话也有2~3星期吧!
偶尔叫菜吃饭,不然就是叫炒饭炒粉那样。
我3岁多的儿子,可以吃米粉淋一点tom yam汤。
对对,我也是这样order的,tom yam和白米粉,哈哈!

Lee said...

Hi Sonia, looks a nice restaurant. And the dishes look real delicious.
Your header says you a nasi lemal lover. So am I.
Anytime you make one, send me a telegram, ha ha.
Love it with ikan bilis, one egg, sambal sotong and maybe a small fried fish.

You stay young and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

Nadji said...

Beautiful blog.
I'll come back.
Seen soon.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Malaysia have a lot of yummy yummy foods...

温馨小屋 said...

好想去吃哦!
我不会去咧!找不到地方,我再call你!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Artchala, look like you go to this restaurant more often than me, hahaha, hope to see you here one day.

Uncle Lee, Thanks for stopping by and your lovely words.

Saveurs Gourmandises, Thanks for dropping by.

Somewhere in SG, yes, you right.

Felvinc, call me, we go together, I belanja you ok..

Pete said...

Nice fish dish! Is this the Shapadu toll on the way to North Port?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Pete, yes, you are right, after pay 0.60 toll at Shapadu, drive straight, you will see Shell petrol station on your left, and later you will see 99 speedmarket on your left, this restaurant just located at the same row.

Colin Woon said...

That's plenty of good food for USD20!!! Wow! I'm envious!

I too wonder why the owner name the restaurant, "Baby". Go find out for us, Sonia!

Zee Yeng said...

haha. tht's because the owner aka the boss named BABY. Tht's was his nickname given by his friends last time.

JoinMe said...

Hi Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover),
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin