This was my lazy way of preparing salted chicken, use rice cooker, Easy and Delicious !
- Cooking chicken in rice cooker
Rice Cooker Salted Chicken
Chicken 1.5kg ( I use kampung chicken)
Salt 1tbsp and 1tsp or to taste
Chinese wine Tiew Heng 绍兴酒 2tbsp
Chinese herb Tong Kuai 当归片 20g (you may omit this if you don't have it, maybe you can replace with black pepper)
1. Soak Tong Kuai herb in Tiew Heng wine for 30mins.
2. Rub salt over the whole chicken, and Tong Kuai and wine, set aside 2hours.
3. Place chicken in a rice cooker and also the mixture, and cook.
4. Cook for 30mins or till cooked.
My note: Once cooked, it came out some juices, after cut the chicken into small pieces, either you can pour juices on chicken or just add to white rice, yummy!!
Happy Cooking !!
Kenangan Manis Di Kuching
1 hour ago