Here you go ! my own way of pineapple rolls ,my Malay friend so kind shared her secret recipe to me, and I have been using this recipe for many years. There is an interesting ingredient added, I have not seen anyone add this ingredient, check it out below. This pineapple roll is buttery and melt-in-mouth.
-I just use a very cheap Nastar mould, but I feel this mould is so easy to handle, just use thumb to push out the pastry.
** The interesting ingredient is Condensed Milk ( sweet milk/ susu pekat manis), trust me, you will not have a sweet pastry, but instead the pastry is buttery and soft.
Pineapple rolls (Nastar) –makes around 170pcs
Ready-made pineapple jam 680g
Condensed milk (susu manis pekat) 100g -I use F&N Sweetened Creamer(Krimer Pekat Manis)
All purpose flour 570g
Egg yolks 2
Egg yolk for egg glaze -2
1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light.
2. Add in egg yolk one at a time, and beat until fluffy.
3. Mix in flour, mix till become a firm and non-stick dough.
4. Put mixture into a Nastar mould and press out into strips about 5-6cm long.
5. Place pineapple jam filling on the edge of a strip and make a small elongated roll.
6. Cut off excess dough, brush with egg glaze.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 13-15mins or till golden brown.
8. Cool on wire racks before storing.
Happy Baking !!
Croissants de C.Felder.
10 minutes ago