If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Macarons !!

I couldn't believe I finally managed to make this, super sweet macarons !! Actuall this time was my 2nd time making macarons (Don't mention the 1st time, failed one) and the final result was so good. This is because I adapted to a good recipe from 温馨小屋.



IMG_3919 1








IMG_3903 1


Recipe adapted from 温馨小屋 , Thank you very much to Felvinc for your kind sharing !!

Chocolate macarons
A)
Almond flour 25g
Cocoa powder 5g
Icing sugar 38g

B)
Egg white 23g
Icing sugar 23g

1. If you have a food processor, mix in almond four, cocoa powder and icing sugar, and give few "Pulse" to mix it well. Then sift the mixture.
2. If you don't have a food processor, just sift the flour mixture.
3. Beat egg white to a foam , then gradually add in sugar until you get a glossy meringue(like cream).
4. Fold in flour mixture and combine well.
5. Fill in the batter in a piping bag and pipe small rounds on a parchment paper.
6. Set aside to rest for 15mins.

How to bake :-

I have a microwave cum conventional oven, thus I followed to Felvinc's method :-

1. Place macarons on a wooden board, bake at pre-heat oven at 130c for 3mins, this process is to harden the shell only.
2. Remove wooden board, transfer macarons to another baking pan, bake at pre-heat oven at 130c for 12-15mins.
3. Spray some water on the paper, to easily remove the macarons (do it when macarons still warm)
4. Store in air tight container to prevent macarons turned soggy.

If you have other type of oven, maybe you can follow another Felvinc's way, see here or you adjust according to your type of oven...



IMG_3930 1




Happy Baking !!

39 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

wow well done, congrats! ;) now let's make the tower!

tracieMoo said...

haven't found the courage to make this yet! you did a great job!

~Christine~Leng said...

wow! u made macarons! heard it's really tough to make. great job Sonia :)

Bakeling said...

At last you made it ! How many did you bake ( this size ) with the ingredient here ?

ahteekitchen said...

wuu~~hope can have a bite!
Attrated by these in FelvinBlog once, but now ur turn!Mmmmmm..

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

YOU DID IT! Congrats! They look beautiful!

ai wei said...

is it tough??? i have no confident in this. ><
between, is it sweet???

ann low said...

Had not tried making macaroons yet. Yours~ look beautiful!

~Rachel Hei~ said...

Well done Sonia, can feel your happiness here.. ^_^.. They look great..

温馨小屋 said...

要谢就请我吃一餐!哈哈哈!我要去那间Baby seafood restaurant.....hehehe ...开玩笑的啦! 
很替你高兴!你做得很棒!
孩子喜欢吃,就算自己不吃,也会很愿意尝试做,对不对?你也是位好妈妈啦!哈哈!

Vrinda said...

U got perfect feets sonia..looks yummm

Sherleen.T said...

this is really looked perfect, sonia...great job!!!

Namitha said...

Awesome..with perfect feet :-) Great clicks too, Sonia

pigpigscorner said...

Well done!! these are such a pain to make right. But you feel so good when you get a successful batch =)

Federica Simoni said...

wow sono splendidi!! chissà che buoni!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

This is not easy to make ya... Your looks great...

月亮 said...

this is in my waiting list too

Anonymous said...

Congrats with your macarons success!! They look perfect :)

My Little Things Corner said...

congrats, it look great!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear all, Thanks for stopping by and leave your lovely comment. I suggest you to give a try, it look difficult but in actual fact, it is not !! The important thing is you need to know your Oven !! adjust the right temp, and am sure you can make this too..

Bakeling, can make about 25pcs (50cent coin size). When I did, I double up the ingredients.

Ah Wei, this is super sweet, I'm not appreciate this but my kids love it !!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Felvinc, sure, no problem to belanja you at Baby seafood restaurant since the price there is cheap, hahaha..

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

好漂亮的macarons ! Your photography skill has improved so much... good job !

Jane Chew said...

wah! cantik sekali! I want this. Post to me :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

A full-timed housefly, Thanks for your compliments.

Jane, friend, glad to hear from you, already back home? looking forward your new post !!

Blessed Homemaker said...

I've been procrastinating making these for a few reasons. 1. super sweet 2. lots of failure. Wish I could find some courage real soon to try this. Your macs look great!

Pete said...

Looks great and not many ingredients used. But I guess it is not that easy to make. May take some time to master it.

Colin Woon said...

You made IT!!! I love macarons! So cool that you and Felvin have mastered the technique. Only if I could get my wife to try.

Love the photos! Last photo is my favorite!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow perfect!! Congrats on your success!

taste traveller said...

These look so good, well done!

Shandy said...

Sonia, everytime I need reassurance that the baking world is still whole and wonderful, I come here. You are such a positive influence and a wonderful human being! I love how talented you are in the kitchen and you are always my pick-me-up when I get bummed in my own kitchen. Thank you my dear cooking friend! =)

Happy Homebaker said...

Congrats on your successful attempt! I have read that many bloggers had to try several times to get it right, and I don't even have the courage to try it ;p

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Blessed homemaker, Pete,LCOM, taste traveller, Thanks for stopping by and leave with lovely words.

Colin,quickly ask Faye to do for you. Ya, I like the last shot too.

Happy Homebaker, never try never know! try it out!! I bet you will success in one day.

Zurin said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

petite nyonya said...

What a nice success!! Your macarons have 'feet'. I read that successful macarons must have it. Congrats!

Pei-Lin said...

OMG!! You already had success at just the second attempt!!?? It took me 4 tries!! Now, there's no luck of me succeeding ... Haven't tried macs for ages ... Sigh ...

Congrats!

Pei-Lin

Tina said...

Cute and lovely macaroons....

Anonymous said...

Hi,
May I know where do you get the almond powder?

Thanks

Doraemon Penang said...

Hi Sonia, really happy & appreciated to find yr blog. I got i question, what is the recipe if i wanna make plain macaron by following Chocolate Macaron's method. Thanks

Anonymous said...

itil

Blog Widget by LinkWithin