Recipe adapted from Obhin, she has plenty of good dishes, find out more in her blog. Thank you to Ohbin for kind sharing.
My tip- I slightly changed the steps of preparing this dish, as I remembered my mum taught me to make caramel when cooking pork dish as this process will make the pork dish more fragrant..
4321 Fragrant Garlic Belly Pork
Pork belly 1kg (sliced medium size) –I forgot to weight, just estimated this weight, you adjust accordingly
4 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
Garlic (chopped finely)
1. Place sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook over low flame. Stir it from time to time until sugar melts and turns golden brown (do not overcook, as it will taste bitter)
2. Add in pork meat, mix well.
3. Then add in water, vinegar and wine and cook over low flame for 40mins or more.
4. Once you see little water left, add in chopped garlic, turn to medium flame, and cook till sauce became thicken.
5. Dish out (leave the excess oil).
Happy Cooking !!