I just love glutinuous rice, my favorite Hokkian style of steamed glutinous rice....
Simple recipe to share:-
500g glutinous rice (wash and soak at least 4 hours or more)
200g belly pork, cut small piece
shallots, peeled & sliced thinly
dried prawns, washed & soaked
dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and cut into cubed
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp salt, or to taste
1tbsp light soy sauce
Spring onions, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallot over medium-low heat, fry till crispy and golden brown. Dish out and set aside to cool.
2. Use the remaining shallot oil in the wok. Over medium heat, stir-fry the meat, dried prawns and mushroom until aromatic.
3. Add in the drained glutinous rice, then add in the seasoning. Stirring and mix well for 1 -2 mins.
4. Transfer the rice into a steaming tray , sprinkle water on top of the rice.
5. Steam for 60mins ( stir rice for every 30mins, sprinkle more water when necessary).
6.Serve rice topped with shallot crisps, peanuts and spring onion.
Do enjoy cooking !!!