For the stock:
500g spareribs (pai kuat) , 2.5-3 lt of water
Seasoning: salt ,rock sugar500g fresh medium size of prawn, shelled
200g lean pork
fresh yellow noodles
rice vermicellibean sprouts
hard-boiled eggs, shelled and cut half or quartered
Some shallot crispsSambal:-
2 tbsp chili paste (cili Boh) , i use homemade chili paste
Blend -1 onion, 6 shallots,3 cloves of garlic and 1" young ginger
Dried prawn, soaked and pounded
Steps:-1. Heat oil in a wok, stir fry the prawn head and shells until change colour.
2. Put spareribs and water into a deep stockpot, bring to a boil , add in the prawn head and shells, simmer the stock for 1.5-2 hours, season with rock sugar and salt.
3. Halfway through, add lean pork and cooked through. Remove and slice the meat thinly, then set aside.
4. Heat oil in a wok, saute onion paste, add in chili paste, then add in dried prawn and belacan, saute till fragrant, season with sugar and salt, remove and set aside. In the same wok (use the remaining chili oil), stir fry the prawn, season with salt, and set aside.
5. Once stock done, strain the stock, add in the sambal paste.
6. To serve, place noodles into soup bowl, top up with main prawn stock and garnish with bean sprouts, water spinach (kangkung), hard-boiled eggs, pork slices and shallot crisps
Do enjoy cooking noodle soup !!!