If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cotton Cheese Cake Specially for my daughter !!

Promised to my daughter, once she had done her UPSR exam, I will bake her favorite cheese cake. Searched in few blogs, noticed that this cotton cheese cake is the most popular cheese cake among bloggers, so I give a try.
-I use whipping cream to decorate the ugly cake surface...

-Even I use water bath to bake, the top surface still cracked, maybe my oven temp is high, next time need to adjust the temp. And I noticed use greaseproof paper to line side of the pan, the side surface not even, should I not use this paper to line the side of pan?
-Anyway, the cheese cake is very nice, soft like cotton and moist..

I adapted Ai Wei's recipe, but cut the portion to half:-
Part A:
125g Philadephia Cream Cheese
25g Butter
50ml Fresh Milk
Part B:
30g Cake flour
10g Corn flour
Part C:-
4 Egg Yolks (I use medium size)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
¼ tsp Salt
Part D:
4 Egg Whites (I use medium size)
10g corn flour (change from cream of tartar)
70g Caster Sugar
1. Melt (A) in double boiler and cool the mixture until room temperature.
2. Whisk egg yolk until creamy, add in lemon juice and salt, fold in (B) and mix well.
3. Whisk egg whites until foamy and then add in sugar and corn flour, whisk until soft peaks form.
4.Fold in egg whites mixture into the egg yolk mixture and mix well. Then add in the other half and mix them evenly.
5.Pour the mixture in round cake pan (lightly grease and line the bottom and side of the pan with greaseproof paper).--Updated on 16th Sept, do not line the side of the pan with paper
6. Bake in water bath for 1 hour 10 minutes or until set or golden brown at 160 °C.
Do Enjoy Baking !!!

22 comments:

tracieMoo said...

I have 3 cousins taking UPSR too! I'm planning to bake them a cake today too. I've made this once and I always wanted to make it again. I love the light and soft texture. Not too heavy of cheese. May I know the cake pan size you used for this recipe?
Thanks in advance!

Canary said...

Ugly cake surface? I'm not think so,the texture look soft. I really like it.☺

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

traciemoo, I use normal 8" round pan. I'm sure your cousins will like it, yes, I like this not so heavy cheese cake too.

Canary, Thanks.

温馨小屋 said...

哇!不错啊!没有请我的?我也想来一块!!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

traciomoo, I suggest you not to line the paper on the side and use aluminium foil to cover the top, I think you will get better result, next time I will follow this way.

Liz said...

hi.....yummy it look soft and light..a love cheese cake too but I need to control too..i'll bake one if i got free time..do follow me

Bakeling said...

The texture of the cheesecake looked ok but the decoration really need to improve ! ( Hand kept shaking ?)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Liza, Thanks for dropping by.

Bakeling, hahaha, still long long way to be improved my cake decoration skill. Eat too many chicken fee, thatswhy my hand kept shaking..hehehe

My Asian Kitchen said...

your cotton cake look soft and texture is really fine!! I can't even acheive that texture!! bravo!! btw,you can join Wilton deco cake..it's will give you some basic techique how to pipe your icing..My cousin from PJ took the course and now her cake look like Pro !!

ai wei said...

wow! u are cool mummy.
hmmm, if dun use paper to line the sideline, it will stick on the pan wor?! i am figuring this prob too

good luck in her UPSR papers

petite nyonya said...

Hi Sonia, yours is the 2nd cotton cheesecake i saw today. It's making me crave for a piece now. So moist & soft!
p/s S'pore Tangs is selling the KA Artisan (Model KSM150) at S$779 for a variety of colors, and S$699 for the grey color with rough surface. If no promo, usual price for each is S$800 plus. They will deliver to the buyer's hse (S'pore only) free of charge.

Palidor said...

I absolutely ADORE cottonsoft cheesecake. Your cake looks sooooo incredibly smooth and delectable! What a great way to celebrate your daughter's accomplishment. :-)

pigpigscorner said...

aww that's so nice! Looks really soft and fluffy.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks so fluffy and soft. I love cotton cheesecake too.

ann low said...

Just a little suggestions :) For baking cotton cheesecake don't line the side of the cake tin. Steam bake your cake at the lowest rack in the oven.

Colin Woon said...

Wow! Just the name makes me drool! This is my favorite kind of cheesecake!

First try and you did well! You're an amazing baker. Such a sweet mom too!

Nancymommy said...

祝她考试顺利!拿7A的好成绩...
我的小女儿下个月也要考PMR...现在每天不断地做考题...
等她考完PMR,再过两年考完SPM,我就"熬"出头咯...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Liza,you will love it.

My Asian Kitchen,Thanks for the info.

Ai Wei, I will let you know the result after I tried ya.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Petite, Thank you so much to check out the price for me, my target price is S$599, like that one you bought, the other day, I saw in Parkson here sold RM 2500 (S$1000), crazy price..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Palidor, Pigpigcorner, LCOM, Thanks.

Anncoo, Thank you very much for you tips,tomorrow I will try again bake this cake w/o line the side..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, I rememberd your wife did a very good cheese cake for you, mine, normal only..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, I still have long way to "熬"出头, hahaha. Wish your daughter to have good result in the exam, God bless her.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin