(I changed my blog colour to "red" in order to usher Chinese New Year, hopefully it will bring me good luck and "Ong" , hehehe !!)
Finally, i found a sponge cake recipe which is really good, moist and spongy, and I can use this as a cake base for Birthday cake.
Recipe adapted from FoodHouse8 (she is my favourite baking master !!), if you know Chinese, the video is self-explanatory, otherwise check below recipe.
Basic Sponge Cake (Cocoa)
Whole eggs 203g ( I use 6 medium eggs, remember to use cold eggs)
Egg yolk 32g (I use 2 medium eggs)
Glucose 21g (I use golden syrup)
Salad oil 32g (I changed to corn oil)
Cocoa powder 21g
Cake flour 106g
Baking soda 1g (I changed to 1tsp)
1. Heat up corn oil (low flame), turn off flame, add in cocoa powder and mix well, set aside.
2. Beat whole egg + egg yolk, sugar and salt on HIGH speed till foamy.
3. Add in glucose and continue beat on MEDIUM speed till double in volume and ribbon-like.
4. Sift cake flour and baking soda, beat on LOW speed till mix well.
5. With a spatula, take 1/3 of the batter and mix it with no (1), fill in this mixture with the remaining batter, combine well. Last add in milk and mix well.
6. Pour batter in a 9” round pan and bake for 35mins at 180c.
7. Remove from the oven and invert the pan immediately. Let cool completely before unmould.
** This sponge cake still very moist even keep till the next day, and no need egg separation, so much easy to bake, do try out, good one !!
Happy Baking !!
Earl Grey Lavender Cake with Lemon Vanilla ButterCream
42 minutes ago