If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, July 16, 2010

Teriyaki Salmon

Finally I managed to get a bottle of Japanese sake from Jusco (earlier failed to get one as I always searching at the Japanese foods section but not realized sake only sell at Alcohol section as this is non Halal item !!) . I immediately tried my kid’s favourite Teriyaki salmon, learnt how to cook this from a TV cooking show recently. Wor, the taste was exactly like those served in Japanese restaurant, sweet and flavourful, so next time we do not need to go Japanese restaurant to have the good Teriyaki salmon.

Teriyaki Salmon
-sprinkle with lemon juice, simply delicious!



Important ingredients- Sake, Mirin, Kikkoman Soy Sauce


Teriyaki Salmon
(printable recipe)
3 Salmon fillets

1/4cup Mirin
1/4cup Japanese Kikkoman soy sauce
1/4cup Sake (Japanese rice wine)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp ginger juice

Few fresh lemon wedges

Method1. Marinate salmon fillets with little salt, pan fry till golden brown, set aside.
2. Place Mirin, soy sauce, Sake, sugar and ginger juice in a saucepan, cook over low flame.
3. Keep stirring and cook until thick sauce (when you see a lot of bubbles).
4. Add in the pan fried salmon fillets, coat well with the sauce.
5. Remove Teriyaki salmon and place on a serving plate, pour over the remaining sauce.
6. Sprinkle with lemon juice before serve.

Teriyaki Salmon

Happy Cooking !!

39 comments:

WendyinKK said...

I use another cheapo method to recreate salmon teriyaki at home, with cheapo Chinese ingredients. Taste pretty smiliar :)
Not yet posted :-)

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Salmon teriyaki looks too good ya...I'd omit the rice wine. ;)

Cheah said...

I'm drooling now, Sonia. Ya, dinner time!

3 hungry tummies said...

Great photos!

Jane Chew said...

Great Job! Love it so much.

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

I like teriyaki sauce. I also trying to find Mirin from the sauces section but couldnt find.

MONONOKE KITCHEN said...

This looks amazing,
it's very simple yet beautiful!

ann low said...

WOW! Your teriyaki looks very yummy. ;)

Min said...

I like salmon a lot, would like to try this yummy recipe, but need to get that 3 important ingredients ready first :)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Wahhh...very nice shots Sonia...like an advertisement, heehee. :D Where's the Japanese rice...I'm ready to eat! Too bad no Sake at home, else will try your yummy recipe. ;)

Jeannie said...

Looks really good! Love the photos too.

gertrude said...

The salmon look good. Nicely brown and very glossy with sauce. My husband like his salmon and tuna cook this way too but I am too lazy to cook the sauce from scratch. I just get the ready bottle kind :)

Namitha said...

Hi Sonia ! How are you ? This looks wonderful and lovely pics too :-)

Angie's Recipes said...

wow Sonia, the pictures make me so hungry!! Perfectly done!

Wendy said...

salmon!!! my favorite!!

Barbara said...

That looks wonderful, Sonia! I make something like this, but wrap it in parchment...adding some ginger and garlic along with the sake and soy sauce. We love it.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy, I love Teriyaki Salmon too, but I used the bottled Teriyaki sauce for ease.

tigerfish said...

Delicious looking Teriyaki salmon....

Cool Lassi(e) said...

That is some salmon! I love anything made with Teriyaki sauce. Its too good.
Happy Weekend!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

This looks great...

Bakericious said...

looks delicious lei

RV said...

This is a droolworthy pic. Have a great weekend Sonia.

Meldylocks and Her Three Bears said...

Wow! It does look like those served in Jap-restaurants!

Pei-Lin said...

Yummy salmon teriyaki! Fantastic food photography and styling! Eh, for Japanese stuff hor, I usually like to try my luck at Isetan KLCC and Jusco Mid-Valley. Closest to me mah ... But I heard the Jusco in Klang is large too, though never been there before.

Next time, you be my sifu and tell me more about your food photography and styling secrets ar? Hope to see you again! I still owe you one meal!

petite nyonya said...

sake makes all the difference, i bet! looks so good!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the glaze this recipe gives to salmon. It looks absolutely delicious and I can imagine how good it tastes. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pete said...

Quite some time didn't cook salman liao.....have to try this!

Anonymous said...

It looks very delicious! We like salmon very much =]

Jo said...

This is definitely one of the few cooked salmon dishes I would eat. It is delicious.

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

We love teriyaki salmon too!

And I often substitute with Chinese ingredients, Jap stuff is both expensive and difficult to find here :-)

chow and chatter said...

oh wow I just made ginger pork with whiskey in it I had ran out of sake!! he he

Nadji said...

La couleur et la cuisson de ce saumon sont magnifiques.
BRAVO!!!
A bientôt.

Zurin said...

wor..that looks soooooooooo good! as does ur nasi lemak PIZZA!!!!:))))))

My Little Things Corner said...

This is super yummy...tonight i cook this too!

苏联妈妈 said...

yum yum...simple & delicious

Swee San said...

looks good!! sweet sticky sauce yumms

Little Inbox said...

This looks really good!

Elin said...

My all time favourite fish..SALMON!! and you cook with well. They sell sake in Jusco! I must get myself a bottle then. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear all, Thanks for stopping by and take your time to leave me a kind and lovely words, much appreciate!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin