Original recipe required dark chocolate, but I replaced with semi-sweet chocolate since I have one. If you want to use dark chocolate, then increase sugar to 150g.
Classic chocolate cake
**for a 8” round cake tin
125g semi-sweet chocolate
3 tbsp milk
150g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Line the base of cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate and milk over simmering water, set aside
3. Beat the butter until soft then add the sugar and continue beat till mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add egg one at a time, mix well.
5. Add in melted chocolate, combine well.
6. Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda, and fold in gently to mix
7. Add in cocoa powder, slowly combine well. Pour cake mixture into cake tin.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 40mins or until a skewer come out clean.
Happy Baking !!