I was very pleased with the result, this bread stay soft till the next day. But i advise you not to slice them first before enjoy them, instead keep the whole bread in a air-tight container as to prevent it turned dry the next day.
I always find bread recipe adding with whole egg, turned dry very fast on the next day ( of course the bread is soft on the same day baking, all bread baking are the same ) . But not to this recipe only adding egg white. The old recipe required to use milk powder, since i don't have this, so i replaced with fresh milk and water. Anyway, next time will try with milk powder version.
Egg White Plain Loaf Bread 蛋白土司
*for a 11cmx20cm (internal), non-stick Pullman tin
375g bread flour
40g caster sugar
1/2tsp fine salt
30g egg white
80g cold water
100g cold fresh milk
1tsp instant dry yeast
40g butter (salted)
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix and combine till soft dough.
- Add in butter, knead it until it forms dough that smooth and elastic.
- Proof the dough in warm place until double the size.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions then shape to ball, allow to rest for another 10 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangle shape and roll it up or just roll into balls, then place it in the Pullman tin (if using ) or baking tray, go for final proofing for about 45-60mins. Let it rise till about 90% full .
- Cover the Pullman tin, bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 35mins, then 180C(fan forced) for another 5mins. Every oven is difference, please adjust accordingly.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover