Also very easy to prepare this one pot rice..
You can cook it using rice cooker too, but using claypot, you can only get this burnt rice, so smoky and nice.
Waxed Meat Claypot Rice (Lap Mei Fun) 腊味饭*serve 5-62 and ½ cup rice ( I used Jasmine new rice, so add less water), soak for an hour3 cups water2 pcs Chinese pork sausages2 pcs of Chinese duck or goose liver sausage1 pc of waxed duck thigh
Seasonings (mix together)1tbsp dark soy sauce1/2tbsp oyster sauce1/2tbsp light soy sauceSpring onions, for garnishingMethod
- Remove fat from waxed duck, soak in hot water for 5mins as to remove oil and reduce saltiness. Chopped into small bite-size pieces.
- Soak Chinese sausages and liver sausages in hot water for 5mins, then remove the skin, and slice thinly.
- Add rice and water in the claypot, arrange waxed duck on top, close with lid and bring to boil (~5mins).
- Once boiled, open the lid, stir the rice to mix well. Then lower down the flame, close the lid and continue simmer for around 10mins, or water all absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Place both Chinese sausages on top, sprinkle seasoning sauce on top, turn off the flame, cover the lid and let it simmer for another 5mins.
- Garnish with spring onions, stir well the rice before serve. You can serve together with green vegetables and a bowl of soup .
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover