The thickness of the pork loin should not too thick, around 2.5cm will do.
Sweet and Sour Chrysanthemum Pork_2016 CNY dish_糖醋菊花里脊(吉祥年菜花开富贵)350g pork tenderloinSweet and sour sauces seasonings2 cloves garlic, chopped5tbsp tomato ketchup1tbsp sweet chili sauce2tbsp sugar
1tbsp Apple cider vinegar or you can replace with normal white vinegar1/2tsp salt or to taste1/2tbsp oyster sauce3/4cup waterThickening sauce- 1tbsp tapioca starch + 2 tbsp waterDeep fry- potato starch, corn starch or tapioca starchMethod
- Freeze pork in freezer for about 2hrs so it will be easy to slice. Cut pork tenderloin around 2.5cm thickness, then slice into piece around 0.5cm but not all the way cutting through.
- After you done cutting all thin slices, turn to another side, also slice them into thin slices so it assemble like Chrysanthemum flower.
- Then cut into smaller square piece (around 16 stripes), dust with pepper and sprinkle with salt.
- Dust with some potato starch, then deep fry till golden brown, set aside.
- Mix all seasonings in a mixing bowl except garlic. Saute garlic with cooking oil in a frying pan, then add in the sauce mixture, bring to boil. Add thickening sauce to thicken the sauce to desired texture.
- Mix sweet and sour sauce over fried Chrysanthemum pork , enjoy while hot.
Reference to here, recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover