If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Colloseum 鬥獸場, Termini Station, Rome Italy 2013 羅馬意大利自由行


Happy Mother's Day to all ! For me, this day is another normal day! For my mom, I have celebrated with her yesterday. As for me, no one at home is planning something for me...I understand since they are still young..
Ok, since I have free time today, let me update about my recent trip to Italy..
Colloseum, the first place we visited on the 1st day of arrival to Roma ( Rome in English)..

This time I was travelled alone from KUL to Roma via Amsterdam (12hrs), my hubby fetched me at the Fiumicino airport (FCO) Italy . And the closer train station to our hotel in Roma is Termini Station.
This is Termini Station Roma..

Termini_2

My hubby suggested to take bus instead of train. According to my hubby, if you take train, it cost Euro 15 one trip per person (He arrived earlier than me, so he has checking around the rate ^_^).  But take bus only cost Euro 5 per trip and took us around 1 hour to reach Termini station. We save a lot by taking bus!!
Surrounding scene when we walked to the hotel from Termini station (took about 10mins) ..
 

Termini_1


Termini_3


Termini_4

 
And I realized that Roma is quite difference from other part of city in Europe that I visited before, Frankfurt, Paris and Zurich..Their place is quite dirty actually, you can see rubbish every where.. Due to too many tourists, can't control well ? I don't know!
 

IMG_2515

 
Also we realized that their cars are also very dirty and full of dust..almost all cars we seen were dirty this way..We just wonder why they did not wash their car, due to high water bill? I am not sure, no chance to check with a local people.
And I was quite disappointed for what I have seen on the first day, and tell myself that I will not come again! But later I changed my mind, hahaha..
 

car_dirty

 
After walked about 10mins, we arrived to the hotel (will update which hotel we stayed later). After done with check in, by not wasting any minute, we straight heading to Colloseum !
We walked back to Termini station, take train to Colloseum which was only 2 station stops.
Euro 1.50 one way per person...

Termini_7


Termini_5


Termini_6

 
My first meal in Italy. This shop located before Colloseum exit..
 

ccl_12

 
I have heard of Palmier , bought one to try, crispy and buttery, not bad..
Palmier are made from puff pastry and coated with sugar, shape like butterfly..Must find one day to make this at home..
 

ccl_13

 
And this was the best pizza that I have ever had (actually I did not tried many pizzas during this trip actually,hehehe)  !! thick crust but very crispy and light!
 

ccl_14

 
I was so excited right after came out from the train station exit, Colloseum just in front of me!!
 

ccl_11
 
 
IMG_2543


Long Q to enter, this is normal.
We were there about noon time, not many peoples actually , it took us about  30mins to enter.
There are two lanes to enter, if you have Roma Pass (you can read the benefit of getting this pass in this link, but we did not get one after studied and not worth for our plan),  then you can pass this long Q ..

 

ccl_15

 
Entrance fee- Euro 12 for adult
ccl_16


ccl_18


ccl_17


IMG_2560


IMG_2564


IMG_2565


IMG_2567


IMG_2577


IMG_2578


IMG_2584


IMG_2586


IMG_2589






IMG_2617


IMG_2629


IMG_2627



 
We went there again on the last day to see night scene of Colloseum, not as beautiful as we expected (Took us 30mins by walk from where we were stayed) ! Night scene at Fontani di trevi has nicer scene, check out my post later..

ccl_4


photo36


ccl_3


ccl_2


Do come back for more of my Italy update.
We were even better than any backpacker, walked one hour from our hotel to train station because we want to discover Venice in short hour, hahaha. This was my outfit  during this one hour walk, carry a light luggage, a DSLR camera, and a hand bag. Do check out what we have seen during this one hour journey by foot...stay tuned..
 

Sonia Venice_1

42 comments:

Adina Aruştei said...

it takes me 3 hours to get to Rome, but i dont know, i dont have the desire to visit it. glad you enjoyed it!
if u ever come to Romania, let me know :)
all the best!
Adina
http://frommegwithlove.blogspot.ro/

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Wonderful pics of Rome>
Deepa

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

Happy mother's day!

sound like 'honeymood' le, hihi

Lite Home Bake said...

Happy Mother's Day! Enjoyed browsing through those beautiful photos, can't wait for more to come. Agree with you that Rome is quite polluted but the historical sites are breathtaking!

Esther Lau said...

Sonia, Happy Mother's day!

Li Shuan said...

Happy Mother's Day! After seeing urs I went back to look at my photographs- winter scene of Rome. Very different feel ..hehe... I guess u don't need to carry all the thick clothings around is a bonus.

Looking fwd to see ur Venice post

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

母亲节快乐:)
叫你家男人带你去吃一餐丰富的嘛:)

在那个斗兽场大声喊
不懂有回音没有hor
哈哈

Joceline Lor said...

哈哈哈!!就是这个Rome的历史,差点害我的sejarah去荷兰啊!幸好最后还能及格。
看来你的旅程一定很忙了。因为要拍多多美丽的照片。哈哈哈哈。。。。。。

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

很美的罗马,另人向往的地方!
Sonia, 原来你很苗条叻!哈哈。。

Amie said...

Hebatnya! Saya belajar sejarah Rome & kagum dengan peradabannya!
Happy mother's day darling Somia...

Ana Regalado said...

Wonderful post , Sonia ! Couldn't help but laughed re dirty car / streets everywhere ! I just love the last photo ;D

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom !!!

Cat Chee said...

母亲节快乐~

好美!好壮观哦!
羡慕死了~

Little Corner of Mine said...

Very nice, I would love to visit Rome too. Wishing you a great mother's day!

VineelaSiva said...

Nice pics Sonia.

Piluka said...

I'm so sorry your first impression about Rome was that it's a dirty place :(
I'm from Spain, but I lived in Rome for 9 months and it was the best experience in my life. It's such a beautiful city. I would have told you some tips if I had known you were going to visit Rome ;)

Artsylicious said...

thanks for showing us around Roma! After this trip, you must be very fit! thanks to all the walking!! :)

Unknown said...

Great photos. Pretty Sonia! Love the last photo^^

My Little Space said...

Wow, thanks for taking us for the ride. Can't wait to see more. Italy is a very romantic place. So, I'm sure you will discover more.
Kristy

珊珊 said...

照片里的sonia很瘦,很漂亮呢。。。。。。

Unknown said...

Sonia ...好幸福的旅途
这个四月天还冷冷的吧?
很想念去年的漫游(旅情都还没写完~)

SOnia 好漂亮。。嘻嘻

shaz said...

Wow the grandeur of the colloseum is unbeatable. Looking forward to your foodie photos from Italy!

Sem said...

Nice trip, hope to see more of your Rome adventures soon.

Karen said...

happy mother's day sonia:)..Wow.. another wonderful trip and great photo sharing.. love the last petty photo..hehe..

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Wah, Sonia,you still looked so fresh after travelling for such a long hour! Minus the rubbish & the dusty car, love to see the Colloseum photos taken by you! That is the biggest piece of palmier that I've seen so far, normally it is only like 5cm big. This is one that I want to make for a long time!

LEY said...

WOW, wonderful picture! i need to get one DSLR camera too but first need to learnt the skill using bro's exiting Canon DSLR camera then only proceed for purchase

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!

PH said...

Sonia, my lecturer once told me when the tour bus arrived at the Colloseum, she refused to get down. She said because the Colloseum sure got hantu because many gladiators died there. She scared the hantu might follow her hah! hah!

Let's Go!!! said...

Love love love your photos...Rome is so beautiful, the Italians are so emotional ....

Mel said...

Hi Sonia
Great post of Rome and Colloseum. Exciting trip you must have. Oh, btw, some Kiwis here also very rarely wash their cars....hehehe.

huikhee and yoonlai said...

哈哈。。。我还是第一次从照片中看到你这位大美人。
意大利的水准就是那样的,不过有些城市还是很干净的。 :D

Small Kucing said...

dusty cars...hmmm...cham lo.....those who have allergy to dust sure sneeze non-stop

zila norazila said...

Hai sonia..
All ur pic vry nice..hppy mthr day to u..

Rice Bowl Tales 有碗話碗 said...

Amazing coverage and photos as usual Sonia, and you look so smart and beautiful! Wish we could see more of you in the photos :)

Baby Sumo said...

Hi Sonia, I have never visited Rome before but the Colosseum looks magnificent! I also walked Venice everyday for 7 days when we were there, it's actually quite a small place hor. Look fwd to reading more on your Italy trip.

Bakericious said...

Sonia, Italy is one of my dream country but after visited, actually kind of quite disappointed, like what you said, the places are so dirty, dunno why they dun maintain hahaha.... but overall Italy still a very nice place, I will definitely go back again :D

QembarDelites said...

I missed visiting this historical site when I was there years ago! Glad to see some nice photos of it now:)

choi yen said...

The car u show us is really dirty, black car become grey/white car >.<

LEY said...

Sonia!

I just booked a ticket to Rome and exit Milan (excited now);haven't book hotel yet (there's 6 pax of us)

Any tips you can share with me? So email me at ngleyhong@hotmail.com, TQ fist!

lena said...

i've been longing to go to this country..but nvr had the impression that it's dirty..hehe...anyway, that palmiers is huge!

Anonymous said...

Hi, im italian :) it's so interesting to see foreign peoples impression about my country..yes, our cars are not so clean because we don't care about material things so much, especially cars, we only care that they're ok at a technical level..we don't care about keeping them clean..not as other countries does..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Hi anonymous of Italian, Thanks for dropping by and now I understand why the reason of Italian's cars are not clean.. Maybe you are right, importantly is the technical level of the car is good. After came back from Italy, actually I started not to wash my car that often also and save the water bill ^_^..

Alltransfersinrome said...

I am to glad to inform you that this article is better than any other article.

Thank you for supplying these details.


Fiumicino to rome

Blog Widget by LinkWithin