Discovered this great recipe from my old recipes collection, immediately I gave a try today.
Why it called as Japanese-style of sweet bun, I think because it consists of few Japanese ingredients. This bun is full of flavours, sweet, sour and salty...you should give a try..
Recipe to share
1. refer to sweet bun recipe
1. shredded Japanese cucumber
2. shredded carrot
3. shredded cabbage
4. Japanese mayonnaise
7. wasabi ( optional)
8. lemon juice
- mix well, and drain excess water before fill into dough
1. Japanese seaweed
1. Ready the sweet bun bread dough and rest well.
2. Divide the dough into small ball shape, fill it with the filling, and keep aside to rest until double size.
3. Cut Japanese seaweed into small rectangular size, brush with egg and place on top of the bun.
4. Bake in pre-heat oven at 200c for 15mins.
I managed to bake 12 buns and kids finished 10 buns in just few hours and keep 2 buns to bring to school tomorrow morning, so you can imagine how nice is this bun !!
Iftar #19 Lauk a la mamak
35 minutes ago