If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, June 26, 2009

Stuffed pan cake "Jing Long Pao"

I have been looking for this recipe long time ago, finally I found in My Kitchen Snippets.., immediate I give a try, the result was so good, exactly like that one I use to buy in pasar pagi (market). My daughter love this pan cake so much, keep asking me to do it, as we can't find that stall in pasar pagi anymore, don't know when it gone missing ....I don't know how to call this pan cake in Mandarin, Felvinc told me it called as "jing long pao"..






Recipe (I made little changes to My Kitchen Snippets's recipe)
** denote changes made

300g high protein/bread flour ** (original recipe use all-purpose flour)
1/2 tsp salt
130 milk
60ml warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp instant yeast

Filing- Chicken Floss ** ( my kids tasted few type of fillings, but they prefer chicken floss)
- You may choose your own preference filing e.g peanut, red bean paste & etc

Steps:-
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast, set aside until frothy
2. Combine bread flour, salt, milk and yeast base in a mixing bowl
3. Knead the dough till smooth.
4. Leave to prove until double in size.
5. Divide the dough into small balls, and put in the filling. Set aside and rest.
6. Pan fry in a non-stick pan, use low heat. ** (original recipe add cooking oil, but I didn't)
7. Use spatula to flatten the pan cake while frying.
8. Fry till both sides of pan cake turned brown.

p/s This bread does not requires oven, so if you don't have a oven, you can bake this too..
Million Thanks to My Kitchen Snippets for this great recipe..

15 comments:

Colin Woon said...

Sure looks good! Can I have some too?

Photos came out great too!

Diana Tan said...

stuff in curry potatoes... will it be too fat? =D

Tempted to try... but I had like a million and one recipies on-hand that I wanted to do.. wahahaha

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, I like the 1st photo a lot..

Kawaii, are you Ana too? not bad the idea, but need to prepare curry potatoes first. Me too, I have a long list of good recipes to try out too.

Nancymommy said...

我以为jing long pao是另外一种在菜场有卖的里面包花生的那种??这个也叫jing long pao哦..看来真好吃!我也要一个,,,谢谢!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good, so this come in many different fillings ya. I never have this before but tempting to try, but very lazy.

Shandy said...

How delicious sounding. I love food with fillings and this recipe sounds like one that my family would really enjoy. =)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, should be the same type, you can put difference type of fillings in this pau.

LittleCornerofMine, quickly try it, kids will like it. I just made some for my mum, she also said good, no oil and healthy..

Shandy, ya, you are right, your family would enjoy this, quickly try it.

ICook4Fun said...

Thanks for trying out the recipe :)

Ling's Passion said...

This looks delicious. I used to buy them from the morning market but they no longer selling. Must try this on of these days. BTW, your blog is beautiful.

Bakeling said...

It seems I took this before. I am not sure the how it taste ?

But from the picture of your snack ,it looks delicious and it is a successful project !

Big Boys Oven said...

wow! you got the recipe from Gertrude, sure delicious! she is a great cook! :)

ai wei said...

o__O

this is the 'jing long bao'???
i 'jing long bao' is actually thick brown colored pancake and it is stuffed with crunched peanuts?

Nancymommy said...

我最近很忙..看来你比我更忙哦...你失踪了??

好久没你的消息咯!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Icook4fun, Thanks for sharing this good recipe.

Bakeling, ya, this was a sucessful project, it just taste like bread.

BigBoysOven, Thanks for dropping by, ya, she is a great cook.

Ai Wei, it can be stuffed with anythings that suit to your preference..

Nancy, I'm back..

Yannie said...

This looks really good. I am going to try making pao too. Thanks for letting me know that i can bread flour to replace all purpose flour.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin