If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Beef Noodle Soup (Pho Hoa) in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Again go "tumpang" to Ho Chi Minh with my husband, he go there for meeting, and I go there for makan (eat) and shopping..
If you happen to go there, you must not miss this beef noodle soup, Pho Hoa has the best beef noodle soup in HCM and this is the best beef noodle soup that I have ever had, cheap too!
If you wonder what is pho (say "fur") , it is a thin and white long noodle (something like "Kaoy Teow" here).



- I like to add all these herbs into the soup, and the fresh chili is super hot and spicy..



- Dip "Yau Char Kew" into soup also very nice.
- This shop is full with locals and tourists..

- I like to see all these very old kind of pictures..


-Pho Hoa is located at:---


p/s Stay tuned for more foods in coming post...

13 comments:

米亚 said...

Hi sonia! Welcome home! How's trip? How many days did you spend in HCM? Beef noodle soup is the most famous dish in vietnam, the soup is very flavoursome... post more photos!

Rachel Hei said...

Hi Sonia, dropping by here for my very 1st time. The beef noodle looks so yummy, and tis is my hubby's favourite. Although we never been to Vietnam before, but he will definitely order tis everytime we go for Vietnam cuisine..^_^

Colin Woon said...

Hey, you're back! Cool!

So nice, you can "tumpang" to so many places! I love Vietnamese beef noodle soup. It will be interesting to actually eat that in Vietnam.

Looking forward to more post about your Vietnam trip!

温馨小屋 said...

回来啦!又有好料介绍咯!这趟总共吃了多少餐?哈哈!

Little Corner of Mine said...

How cool to be able to "tumpang" your hubby but for eating! I just came back from having "pho" too, yummy.

Bakeling said...

So glad that you can taste the original pho in Vietnam !

I had my first pho in Oklahoma City and love basil since the bowl of pho there .

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Mia, this trip was wonderful, just makan and makan, shopping and shopping only, I went there 4 days and 3 nights..I almost have my Pho for every of lunch there, it is so yummy...

Rachel, Thanks for dropping by, I have added you blog in my blog list, you have a nice blog too. You should ask your husband visit HCM and try the Pho there.

Colin, hahaha, I have been tumpang to a lot of oversea trips, look for more trips in the future..

Felvinc, due to short trips, I can't try all the good foods there, will definitely visit again.

Little corner of mine, I even bought a few packets of pho, will try to cook it at home.

Bakeling, ya, the original pho still the best, you love the basil then you should plant it, my garden is full of basil. If you want to plant, I can post you the seed. Let me know.

Bakeling said...

I do grow some basil in my garden. It is always eaten by someting (?) . Leaves are gone.

Anyway thanks for your offer .

Shandy said...

Hello. The beef noodle soup looks delicious! I love all the photos you shared too. =)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, no problem

Shandy, Glad to know that you like all those photos.Thanks.

Nancymommy said...

难怪啦...这么多美食当前,不胖才怪!哈哈...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, ya lor, need to go more morning walk, hahaha..

Jane Chew said...

Sonia..... This is my family favourite lei. We love it so.... much! We always went to one of our favourite vietnamese restaurant (Tra Vinh) to have it. We love the braised beef noodles too. Will cook it tomorrow :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin